1/2 sized beer bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivenin

Reaction score
Hey ya'll

as i'm planning to brew some smash recipes. I Would like to have it in smaller bottles as well...
Does anyone know of a good source for these? i dont feel like buying an 18 pack of coronitas just to get the 6-7oz bottles :)

TIA!

You could find a bar or Mexican restaurant that serves the smaller Corona bottles and see if they'd save you some?

The only luck I have had was I found clear 375ml champagne bottles, they can use a standard crown cap. This issue is they were not cheap, $30 or more per case of 24. I am betting the Coronas would be LOTS cheaper...

flying dog has a mixpack of their strong beers (the trippel, double ipa, barleywine, and imperial porter) that come in those small bottles.. you'd still have to buy beer to get them, but at least it's flying dog and not corona!
it's an 8 pack, called canis major.
CanisMajorPack.jpg

and they are brown glass! I will be looking for this...

when i was bottling, for every batch i'd fill up 3-4 of these.. they were good for someone to try who was new to craft brews. I had two mixpacks worth, so 16 of em.

The only luck I have had was I found clear 375ml champagne bottles, they can use a standard crown cap. This issue is they were not cheap, $30 or more per case of 24. I am betting the Coronas would be LOTS cheaper...

Also, 375ml is actually a bit bigger than a regular 12oz bottle....

Northern Brewer has the 187ml champagne bottles (I'm guessing that's what you meant) at $25 per case. Midwest has them at $21/case. Add shipping and that's not much under $30 (if any).

flying dog has a mixpack of their strong beers (the trippel, double ipa, barleywine, and imperial porter) that come in those small bottles.. you'd still have to buy beer to get them, but at least it's flying dog and not corona!
CanisMajorPack.jpg

Obviously someone makes small bottles for these guys. Anyone able to locate a source for them? I have tried and so far have been unsuccessful, but I would like to find some.

Why not see if you can find some Fruli beer. It is a "strawberry" beer. They come in 250ml brown bottles. I get some every now and then from a local liqueur store that sells alot of craft beers.

I have a case of 8oz Coca Cola bottles that I use for tasting bottles with my barley wine. They work great and the glass is thick as hell. They don't produce them anymore and I believe they are somewhat collectible now so I dunno how viable that is as small bottles.

CanisMajorPack.jpg

These are a special run limited time kinda thing. I can not find them anywhere...

Latest posts

Back