Is there such a thing as 2 much?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabe

It's a sickness!
Reaction score
This weekend is d day for my 60 Impala IPA. I plan on dry hopping this , and my original thoughts were 2 oz's would be good. How much aroma does 1 oz give to a brew? Is there such a thing as over dry hopping? Those of you who have dry hopped an Imperial be 4 let me know what you did. Please. Is there a big diff in 2oz's and 3 oz's. Or more in 2-4. Whats the threshold? I want big aroma as I plan on leting this hibernate at 38. Some particulars: 5 gal batch, 1.078 OG, 111 IBU's. Cheers:tank:

I dry hop with more than one hop type for really big aroma. Typically, I'll use 1/2 oz. of each. My Bent Rod Rye (which is not an Imperial), I used Cascades, Fuggles and East Kent Goldings.

Im thinking of using 1 more oz of cascade to bring it up to 3 oz. Just a thought

sounds like alot, you dont want this to turn out grassy, I would go with 2 oz at the most. I just made a 65 min IPA with 14 hop addtions and a 1.5 oz dry hop, its ****ing amazing.

Back