Crankandstein 2 or 3 roller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr x

Reaction score
I am thinking about trying one of these units. Are the 3 roller units significantly better than the 2 roller type?

The 3 roller does give a better crush (my opinion) because the first set of rollers cracks the barley, second "set" finishes the job.

If you're going to do a hand crank, you better get some roids - takes a bit to turn.

I have a 3/8 hp gear motor turning at 90 rpm, with 160 in lb of torque and it's WAY overkill. Send Fred an email and ask him what minimum torque he recommends, then bump it up 20% as a buffer.

I really like mine. 3 years after buying, I would build my own. But, that's with 3 years more experience and researching. One day maybe.

You won't be disappointed with any of Crankandstein's products (my opinion and others)

I recently received the 3 roller crankenstein from my wife for mother's day and build my own hopper/base (pics in my gallery). I've only run one batch of grain through it, but I was very pleased with the results. around a 10% up in efficiency, but some of that may also just be from getting comfortable with AG.

The only reason I went crankenstein over barley crusher was for the third roller really. Both seemed to be excellent choices.

D2T said:
I recently received the 3 roller crankenstein from my wife for mother's day and build my own hopper/base (pics in my gallery).
sm-icon_wtf.gif
I need your wife to talk to my wife!

rotflmfao

Wouldn't the chick be impressed if I hauled that into the backyard and cranked it up.

Back