Announcing My Brewery - Hailstorm Brewing Co

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PintoBean

Hailstorm Brewing Co
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Finally taking the plunge, a partner and I are opening a new brewery in Tinley Park, IL. It's called Hailstorm Brewing Co. We ordered a 15 BBL brewhouse and (3) 30 BBL fermenters. Our lease started August 1st on a 5000 sq ft facility. We will have a tap room as well, but no restaurant. Anyway, follow our progress at www.facebook.com/HailStormBrewingCo

Update: We are open for business as of 4/10/14!!! Tues-Sun Noon - 8pm.
Our initial offerings are a IIPA, RIS, Pale Ale, Irish Red, and a Blonde Ale.

8060 186 St
Tinley Park, IL 60487

Congrats! We are about 30 minutes away, so well check it out. Opening date?

Cool, the inlaws live around there. Have to check it out next time we're in town. Don't worry, it'll be a while. ;) Good Luck!

Good to hear. I will definitely stop by when you are up and running.

I'm from tinley park so I will definitely be looking into stopping by next time I am home on leave. I think my dad may have run in to you somewhere because he mentioned he met someone That was opening a new brewery

He is not, though he has brewed with me once. He is hosed a craft beer can and he loves binnys and I'm jealous he has such a great beer store. Here in OK we have a lot of crappy beer stores and a lot of it is 3/2 beer

The first 5 beers we have planned are an IPA, IIPA, Cascadian Dark Ale, Saison, and an American Wheat. We are going to have a constantly rotating selection, no real "year-round" beers. If something is extremely popular, we will re-brew it and potentially end up with something we produce year round.

Meeting with my partners uncle this morning, he's a plumber and is going to do our trench drain. Also, having an Architect come so we can get stamped drawings for the city building permits.

Here's some pictures of the space we leased and the delivery van we got. Need to remove the old decals and put on our own :)

ForumRunner_20130813_055458.jpg

ForumRunner_20130813_055527.jpg

ForumRunner_20130813_055558.jpg

ForumRunner_20130813_055632.jpg

ForumRunner_20130813_055647.jpg

Congrats to your new endeavor! Now is that something you're able to get into from having alot of money saved up, or was borrowing money from the bank easy enough to do for what you needed?

With equipment, constuction, installation, plus first years operating expenses (rent, utilities, insurance, ingredients, etc) it's in the neighborhood of around $450k.

Congrats! This is so cool. I'm sure I not alone when I say I am a bit envious of your endeavor. I haven't been brewing long but I love beer and would love to work in a brewery ( at least I think so ; ). Good luck!

Back