Pissed off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedyG

It's beer30!!!
Reaction score
I'm in sales and work hard. My manager is greedy and manipulative. He pushes the limits and that pisses me off. He gets rewarded with lay down big tickets while I scramble to see customers.

Get yourself a copy of Glengarry Glen Ross. Seriously.

"...these leads are no good!..."-Shelley "the Machine" Levine (Jack Lemmon)

Fantastic movie, and it might raise your spirits a bit.

chessking said:
Great movie. "second place gets some steak knives."

Funny you should mention that. I brought in my iPad and showed that scene today for fun.

I was just pissed that I am honest and get "Pattel". I feel better. I just needed to yell at the retail gods

You know what they say, you can only push a goblin so far...

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the feeling. I am in sales too and since we aren't under a "contract" they constantly change our pay structure on a whim. A few months ago they changed it and it cost me about $7500 while other people it cost well over $20k. Every 3 or 4 years they completely overhaul the thing, screw up, and decide they are paying us too much so they revise it over and over again.

My annual pay has actually decreased every year for the past 5 years.

I work for a "not-for-profit company" that seems to care about nothing more than the bottom line.

Get yourself a copy of Glengarry Glen Ross. Seriously.

"...these leads are no good!..."-Shelley "the Machine" Levine (Jack Lemmon)

Fantastic movie, and it might raise your spirits a bit.

Glad I saw this thread. Just watched it on Netflix. And now I remember why I am in operations and not sales. ;)

I hate sales again. After getting laid off as a police officer, I miss it so much.

I work in sales. I have been told I am the highest paid sales rep with the company, (most quit), and my largest customer lost their biggest customer. I went from my normal salary to 45% of my salary since the customer lost their's. Now I am eating used raman noodles and bathing in lakes. They won't put me on another payplan since I make too much money as it is. The funny thing is, they make .97 on every dollar of profit they get and they are whining about my .03- greedy bastards.

Oh well, thought I would vent. I asked my boss to fire me and she wouldn't. I need some options.

On Edit. I am serious.

I work in sales. I have been told I am the highest paid sales rep with the company, (most quit), and my largest customer lost their biggest customer. I went from my normal salary to 45% of my salary since the customer lost their's. Now I am eating used raman noodles and bathing in lakes. They won't put me on another payplan since I make too much money as it is. The funny thing is, they make .97 on every dollar of profit they get and they are whining about my .03- greedy bastards.

Oh well, thought I would vent. I asked my boss to fire me and she wouldn't. I need some options.

On Edit. I am serious.

It's not that hard to get fired, all you have to do is start making insensitive remarks and promoting documentaries like Murder By Proxy: How America Went Postal around the office. Or you could just stop showing up, or keep showing up but just don't do anything which is the most enjoyable way to go IMHO.

I work for a "not-for-profit company" that seems to care about nothing more than the bottom line.

I was in the same situation. I was a sys admin at a credit union which is supposed to be not-for-profit. Unfortunately it was ran more like a bank than a credit union. A new CEO came in, fired/ran off all the high earners in most of the departments, promoted people to those positions making more than they did previously but not near as much as the person they were replacing. Profit.

When I asked for a raise since I had taken on part of my previous manager's tasks I was given the run around until I stopped asking. We'd constantly hear in staff meetings how well we were doing and how profitable the credit union was, but did any of these profits trickle down? Nope. They went into exec bonuses and board yearly meetings in Las Vegas...

The straw that broke the camel's back was when they started bandying about out-sourcing part of our responsibilities. When my current manager confronted them about what would happen to us, he was told not to worry because they would keep us on in "some capacity". Some capacity would mean basically anything they needed us to do...

Me and my other co-worked fled shortly after this announcement. The manager who was left just put his 2-weeks in last week. They are supposed to be prepping to absorb a smaller credit union in the next month or so which is a very large all-hands on deck task requiring some IT skill. Now the only IT staff they have is some guy they hired after I left that can barely do desktop support let alone server level stuff. I hope they choke...

We'd constantly hear in staff meetings how well we were doing and how profitable the credit union was, but did any of these profits trickle down? Nope. They went into exec bonuses and board yearly meetings in Las Vegas...

Yup, we hear the same thing. It is constantly that we are breaking monthly/quarterly/annual sales records and mako record profits yet we see less and less of it every year. :drunk:

If you don't like your jobs, find a new one. If you don't enjoy your career, change it. Nothing worse than going through like hating what you have to do every day.

Too much whining here.

You could just not do anything, come in late, leave early. Management material right there.

If you don't like your jobs, find a new one. If you don't enjoy your career, change it. Nothing worse than going through like hating what you have to do every day.

Too much whining here.

You could just not do anything, come in late, leave early. Management material right there.

Indeed, how dare someone have the audacity to complain about their job.

Too much whining here.

Easier said than done when better jobs are in limited stock, and many careers now require more specific education.

Too much whining here.

Ha! When was the last time you looked for something new?

Too much whining here.

I work out of my home, so I already pretty much do that. Hmm, I'll give myself a raise and quit for the week.

Indeed, how dare someone have the audacity to complain about their job.
I know. it's all crazy talk.

Easier said than done when better jobs are in limited stock, and many careers now require more specific education.
True, but the wheels now can be put in action to get to where you want to be. Changes aren't typically overnight.

Ha! When was the last time you looked for something new?
Last year, spent the summer and early fall looking for a new company. Switched companies I was working for. Love my career, wasn't happy with the employment situation. Gonna change gotta do it yourself. From what I understand the job market is supposedly better now than it was this time last year when I was looking.

I work out of my home, so I already pretty much do that. Hmm, I'll give myself a raise and quit for the week.
I'll drink to that!:mug:

I used to work for Schwans pretty much door to door food sales if you arent familiar. Quit after three months. Came on as a trainee which is fine but when i started my pay and commission was supposed to be raised after a few months but then lo and behold a new pay structure comes out and now i have to meet a certain sales number before i see any commission. needless to say my boss was all for this i mean come on he was the highest earning route salesman at the time, becuase he worked in a high income area as opposed to where we work think New york city to some BumF*** town with 16000 people. So i can sympathize with yall about sales it blows.

I have worked for three years at my current job. I have busted my hump and am actually more skilled than any of my coworkers. I even dropped out of college because I wasn't getting enough hours to pay for it. I even volunteered for the shifts that nobody else wanted. And when it came time to promote someone to a lead position in my department, it was given to some little pissant that hasn't even been with the company for two years...
I know I am getting another job and need to get another soon...

**** work. Thanks to stagflation it's essentially a form of slavery.

I get harassed by the retards I work with. I found a dead mouse in my toolbox and have to deal with all kinds of other crazy bull****. I've been there for 2.5 years and I've made the owners stacks but they still won't get these guys off my back. **** 'em. I can't wait to sue for hostile workplace. Yeah!

Don't give me any **** if ur some rich ******* who has a chubby for his company/job.

PapsD said:
**** work. Thanks to stagflation it's essentially a form of slavery.

I get harassed by the retards I work with. I found a dead mouse in my toolbox and have to deal with all kinds of other crazy bull****. I've been there for 2.5 years and I've made the owners stacks but they still won't get these guys off my back. **** 'em. I can't wait to sue for hostile workplace. Yeah!

Don't give me any **** if ur some rich ******* who has a chubby for his company/job.

Maybe quit find a new job. Might lower your blood pressure.

One thing I learned from my father on this one: "I was looking for a job when I found this one."

I can always start looking again. It may take another 4 years, but I'll find another eventually.

Punity said:
Maybe quit find a new job. Might lower your blood pressure.

I feel better now. I'd love to quit but it's just not happening right now. I updated my resume and sent it to a company my friend works at but still haven't heard back from them.

One thing I learned from my father on this one: "I was looking for a job when I found this one."

I can always start looking again. It may take another 4 years, but I'll find another eventually.

My Dad always used to say "it's a job, nobody said you had to like it".

I was working for a start-up and when we had to start holding our paychecks so they wouldn't bounce (coupled with a 45% pay cut), I decided to start looking for a new job. I sent out a bunch of e-mails to people I know, saying, "hey, you know about any available jobs?", and got a pair of responses. One of them turned into my current job, which I hate to say; I love.
You can always look for work while you are still working; it seems easier to get a job when you already have a job, I don't know why that is.

You could always make like Peter Boyle in "Office Space" when he was "makin like a gangsta".
God I love that movie; I've worked with each character in it.

Camping57 said:
You could always make like Peter Boyle in "Office Space" when he was "makin like a gangsta".
God I love that movie; I've worked with each character in it.

Great movie

Back