first pour good carbonation, second not

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david0161

Reaction score
The answer to this is probably wait longer but I just want to see opinions. I have a pumpkin beer set and forget method going for 6 days now. I pour the first beer and have some nice bubbles on the bottom and sides of glass and a nice head, the second pour I have a good head but absolutely no bubbles on the side or bottom of the glass. I've ran 3-4 beers through and everything seemed balanced and ok. 36F, 10 psi and 5 ft lines. I still have gas but not sure how much. The other beers carbed nicely (more than this at 4) days.

Thanks

Most of my brews get carbed sitting at 12 psi in a 34°F keezer (no burst carbing) and it honestly takes two weeks to be pulling perfect pours - with peak flavor (ie: carbonic bite has calmed down). I recently added a second CO2 setup to one of my brew fridges just to move that two weeks back in the pipeline and out of the keezer, so all six faucets can always be serving...

Cheers!

Ah, I wondered what that bite was (I assume its that)! My earlier brews didn't have it even after the short while in there. My biggest problem is everyone and their grandma wants try my brew and its gone in no time. That sounds like a great setup you have, I started this time last year and only got 5 batches in before new years. It would have been loads more except I dont have a fermenting chamber/freezer

Back