pitching rate question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, that looks like an underpitch without calculating it.

Just an note, there is an excellent article on pitch rates in a recent issue of BYO. I can not recall the issue's date but it is the one that has several article on yeast and yeast handling.

Dr Malt

If I pitched on pack of yeast last night (thats all I had) and pitch a second one this evening everything should workout all right, right? Even if fermentation has started?

If I pitched on pack of yeast last night (thats all I had) and pitch a second one this evening everything should workout all right, right? Even if fermentation has started?

I did that once before and it worked out fine. In fact just recently I pitched the wrong yeast for what I was making. I pitched a semi out of date WLP300 and meant to pitch wlp380. So I just added it the next day and it took off fine and the Hydro sample tasted good. So I am sure it will be fine

Back