Would anyone pay $40 for a # of Cascades?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
There was a local craigslist add for someone selling lb's of cascades for $40. I am thinking that this is outrageous especially since it is not from a recognized hop grower/company. I really love Cascades but not that much.

Definitely not. More than likely he paid too much for them or bought them when hops were more expensive meaning that you are dealing with older hops.

This ranks right up there with the yahoos charging 300 bucks for a piece of crap refrigerator with one tap sticking out the door and an out of date CO2 tank.

Something tells me that dude will be hanging onto those hops for a while, he should just brew with em. Maybe they are homegrown and he thinks there worth it, I notice there is no AA%

Cool. Thanks for the info. I did think that was a bit $$$. A #55 of 2 Row in Denver is about $55. I will check out Fresh Hops.

Well, it wouldn't be insane to SELL them at $40/lb. In fact, I'd sell a pound of cascades, purchased only 2 months ago for $40.

But it would be insane to BUY them at $40.

Latest posts

Back