Apfelwein ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLTF

Reaction score
When it comes time to bottle i was going to add bentonite then rack to an empty carboy with poassium sorbate,my problem is i dont have another 6gal carboy (i have 2 batches going) could i add the sorbate to a bottling bucket then rack to that then back to the cleaned up carboy?

Are you planning to make a still wine from it. The potasium Sorbate will do that for you. Or do you plan to carbonate it and bottle it in beer bottles-then you wouldn't want tp stabilize it. But if you do want to stabilize your batch with Potassium Sorbate you can do that by simply adding it to what ever vessel its in now. Just add it a stir gently to mix it in and then leave it for a few days before you bottle it.

Hi!thanks for the info.i was thinking id better rack it off the lees before i added my chems but if i dont have to thats good,and no im not gonna carbonate.another thing are the flip top bottles good for this or should i just cork?im kind of short on bottles but have several gal jugs with screw lids,would it keep in those?thanks

Back