Removing the Door from a fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bechbd

Reaction score
I have a Danby 9610 refrigerator I want to turn into a kegerator. I want to remove the plastic door interior and replace it with a piece of plywood that I can mount my hardware to. Has anyone done this and know how to get the door off? It doesnt appear to have any screws under seal that hold the plastic part on. It appears that the platic piece might provide pressure that holds the seal in place. Anyone know any problem with removing this? Thanks.

I can only address what I did with my kegger, which is an old Whirlpool. I removed the door liner by cutting it apart with a paramedic's shears and then trimming along the seal to get a clean edge. I cut the plywood to fit under the seal and glued it in place with construction adhesive.

Cool thanks. I kind of figured thats what I was going to have to do.

I just did the same to my spare fridge, but I did not cut anything. The cowling or rubber seal around the edge of the door should come off by simply pulling on it with a little pressure. It is one big piece. Once that is off, you should see some metal screws holding the plastic inner door shelves on, remove all the screws and the inner door shelves will come off, then replace the screws and the cowling should go back in place by sowly working it around.

Back