Vinator isn't squirting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesnsw

Reaction score
Got myself a vinator, and prepped to bottle. Filled it with sanitizer, and it refused to squirt. Of course, I have to leave with SWMBO in 45 minutes, and have the beer in the bottling bucket, etc, etc. So I spent 10 minutes troubleshooting, then finally gave up and just dipped the bottles like I used to. Finished in time to change into a clean shirt, luckily, but still am wondering if anyone has any ideas why it isn't squirting.

My working theory is that the spring is too bent, and when I push a bottle down on it, the spring pops out. The top piece still pops back up, but it never squirts out water.

Any ideas what might be happening/potential fixes?

Did you push it down enough to prime it? I won't suirt for the first 6 or so times until its primed.

I have to pump mine a lot to get it to prime. For lack of better terms, it's kind of like a teenage boy "practicing". Please don't make me explain more than that. :eek:

Make sure that the star-san level is above the threads of the white spray piece. If not it won't prime. The spring being bent is a none issue...every one's is. Like the above have said.....It takes a good 20 pumps or so to get it going.

I had the same issue, don't push it down all the way...this is what caused your spring to pop out. Just give it half pumps & it will eventually get primed. It doesn't work as well/prime as fast if the spring pops out from pushing to hard. Once it gets primed you will be surprised how much it squirts with just a little push.

I also have had a problem with the ball getting stuck. Before you put it together, shake that part or look to see if it is stuck in the open/up position.

Ok... just tried it out with water, and got it working. It was a combination of pumping too hard, not pumping long enough, and too low sanitizer level.
Thanks everyone!

Back