Brewery Name Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which name should I choose for my Brewery?

• Red Valhalla Brewery (Vermilion is my sir name)

• Valhalla Skull Brewery

• Valhalla's Gate Brewery

• Valhalla Hills Brewery

• None of the above, they all suck try again!

Results are only viewable after voting.

VermVerm

Reaction score
OK, New thread here to help me decide on a name. From the previous thread it was overwhelming how much everyone liked the term "Valhalla" Which is basically Viking Heaven for heroes. Unfortunately there is a small northern UK brewery named Valhalla brewery. So I have created some different ideas and would like your feedback. Lay it out there, don't be shy!

Valhalla's Gate Brewery is the only one that really makes sense to me. It gives the message that your beer is an entrance to heaven.

The heroes of the northlands went to valhalla to fight and die in their most glorious battles during the day only to be revived and feast with Odin at night. Their beer would be brewed in the breweries of Valhalla (though, in all honesty, wouldn't they be drinking mead?).

Perhaps you can find the name of the meaderies or the breweries of Valhalla somewhere. Norse mythology was pretty extensively detailed.

Let me know if you don't go with Valhalla's Gate, as I like the mythological aspect to it and would consider using it myself. Really though, I would encourage you to use that one of all the options on the table.

explosivebeer said:
Let me know if you don't go with Valhalla's Gate, as I like the mythological aspect to it and would consider using it myself. Really though, I would encourage you to use that one of all the options on the table.

Well that is an endorsement of that name if I have ever seen one. It is obviously a very cool name and I think it could be commercially viable in the future.

VermVerm said:
Well that is an endorsement of that name if I have ever seen one. It is obviously a very cool name and I think it could be commercially viable in the future.

Yeah I'm only half-joking about letting me know. I've been tossing around a few ideas for naming my brand but have yet to find anything that really sticks. Valhalla's Gate has some potential though.

It's looking good for Valhalla's Gate Brewery.

The visuals are stunning...I wish I was an artist.

The names for beers would be very easy to make up.

The mythology is legendary, and well known among many in the craft beer demographic.

It would be another example of an American taking something from Europe and making it their own.

Like I said...it's sounding pretty good right now. Any thoughts?

rabidgerbil said:
not to be an EAC, but it is surname, not sir name...

we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread
I'm not trying to be an EAC when I say:

I'm not so sure that one should avoid using capital letters and punctuation while correcting someone else's grammar.

So that I might actually be productive here, Valhalla's Gate sounds like a winner!

Back