What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the coffee

"If you've made something that doesn't offend anybody, you've made Budweiser"
-Augie Carton-

Water and a sample of my IPA. Used Columbus, Simcoe and citra and I'm dry hopping with Columbus and citra. Tastes a lot like Pakos it should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Me too.

Some sage advice: if you are eating jalapeno cheddar cheese puffs and accidentally rub your eye...kill yourself in the first 30 seconds to avoid what is to come next.

Better yet handle a bunch of sliced habanero peppers and then don't wash your hands or anything before goimg to the bathroom.

Starting my bday off with HB Funky Fresh Belgian Honey Orange

1408471074147.jpg

Happy Birthday! You squeezing in more brewery visits on the actual day?

Thanks fellas, and no Jon but now that I think about it, it looks darn close lol.
Probably hitting a distillery later along with the lhbs and maybe New Holland if these storms clear up. If not Ive still got some nice brews to pop.

Well played. I will still be working 40+ hours per week if I get my schedule rearranged. But Fridays from home would be soooo nice.

My favorite day off is wednesday. It is a crap workday
In the first place, and a two day workweek is awesome.

Hippo birdy!

Water, to remain on topic.

Washing doesn't help all that much, I generally wear gloves.
Happy birthday Fuzzy
Water

When handling habs or anything hotter, I'm there with you. If you're cutting something like a ghost chili, you can still feel the burn through the gloves. It's hilarious. I made the mistake of touching my junk after handling habs once. I'll never make that mistake again. I don't even want to imagine what it would be like after handling ghosts or scorpions or anything on that level.

Happy birthday, Fuzzymitten.

Drinking water. Guys who brew IPA with a good "grapefruity" pop to it, what do you think of this:

10 lbs. - 2-Row (1.8L)
3 lbs. - American Pale (3.5L)
0.5 lbs. - Caramel (40L)

1.0 oz Centennial @ 45 min.
1.5 oz Centennial @ 30 min
3.5 oz Centennial dry hop for 5-7 days

IBU roughly 66
ABV roughly 7.0% (OG 1.065)

5 gallon batch (5.5 gallons into the fermenter)

EDIT: yeast taken from a Bell's Pale or Amber.

Happy birthday!

When handling habs or anything hotter, I'm there with you. If you're cutting something like a ghost chili, you can still feel the burn through the gloves. It's hilarious. I made the mistake of touching my junk after handling habs once. I'll never make that mistake again. I don't even want to imagine what it would be like after handling ghosts or scorpions or anything on that level.

Ummm yeah. I made stuffed hot peppers and did that once. Horrible mistake.
Was making DC's texas twang a couple weeks ago and rubbed my face in two spots and wanted to die. Then I took out my contacts hours later and wanted to die yet again.

Water. It's quitting time, so time for a beer real soon. :)

I made the mistake of touching my junk after handling habs once. I'll never make that mistake again. I don't even want to imagine what it would be like after handling ghosts or scorpions or anything on that level.

Pffft...You've clearly never seen my wife. My junk is used to coming into contact with super hot stuff...

Just had hydrometer samples of my Bluebird Bitter clone (it's fairly close but it's nowhere near cloned, needs some substantial tweaking but pretty good ballpark for attempt number two, and it tastes great regardless), and my English Summer Ale.

Happy birthday, Fuzzymitten.

Drinking water. Guys who brew IPA with a good "grapefruity" pop to it, what do you think of this:

10 lbs. - 2-Row (1.8L)
3 lbs. - American Pale (3.5L)
0.5 lbs. - Caramel (40L)

1.0 oz Centennial @ 45 min.
1.5 oz Centennial @ 30 min
3.5 oz Centennial dry hop for 5-7 days

IBU roughly 66
ABV roughly 7.0% (OG 1.065)

5 gallon batch (5.5 gallons into the fermenter)

EDIT: yeast taken from a Bell's Pale or Amber.

I've always heard 50-20 min is no man's land for hops so I haven't ever tried it. These days I just do a bittering charge and a 20 min whirlpool at 180. Personally, I like a lil bit of complexity so I'd put in some Vienna to the malt bill. Maybe half a pound. Otherwise looks good.

Happy birthday Fuzzy. Drinking a taste of my American Amber.

I've always heard 50-20 min is no man's land for hops so I haven't ever tried it. These days I just do a bittering charge and a 20 min whirlpool at 180. Personally, I like a lil bit of complexity so I'd put in some Vienna to the malt bill. Maybe half a pound. Otherwise looks good.

Happy birthday Fuzzy. Drinking a taste of my American Amber.

This is what brewers from Bell's say is a true Two Hearted Ale clone. I was just wondering if this hop schedule really gets you the hop profile that you get from THA. They suggest using filtered water (I use RO) and adding 4g of gypsum.

Drinking lots of water after a day on the ocean catching Blues and Bonita.

Happy Birthday Fuzzy!

On the coffee

"If you've made something that doesn't offend anybody, you've made Budweiser"
-Augie Carton-

Back