Surly Furious clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flabyboy

Reaction score
Just tasted my surly furious clone from NB. I had it primary for 4 weeks and dry hopped in secondary for another 2. Set it out to cold crash for 2 days. Bottled it 11 days ago. I decided to cool one and give it a try. To my surprise, it was fully carbed and tasted just like the original. Very happy and would highly recommend this kit to anyone who loves the original

I am brewing it this weekend too! :mug:

I will be bottling an amber ale tonight, transferring a stout to that carboy after cleaning it, and starting a diacetyl rest on a pilsner too which is still in the primary. I can't believe how addictive this hobby can be!

A friend of mine brewed this and gave me two bottles to sample. All I can say is WOW!!!! I want a kit so I can brew my own. This beer rocks.

Wonder why it's no longer available. The all grain version is no longer available either. Hope they bring it back

Now if I could just find a dependable recipe for Abrasive Ale . . .

Guess I can just ask them when I tour the Surly Brewery next month!

Just heard back from NB on this. They pulled the kit because they have a new improved version coming out this February that will be even closer to the original. Sweet!!

It will be interesting to see what the new recipe looks like. I have a clone kit from Midwest. I just haven't had time to get it brewed up yet. I will compare the NB kit with the MW recipe that I have, to see how close theyactually are. I will report back tomorrow. (if I can remember to grab the recipe sheet) :)

I've got what now I suppose is the older style NB kit in primary right now and it gets dry hopped next week and then bottled after a month in primary. I've also got a few four packs in trade headed this way to do a side by side comparison.... and then I'll probably be ordering the new kit the second it becomes available.

Going to bump this thread again because you guys have to check these pro series kits out

Back