Do I Dare Bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klainmeister

Reaction score
Alright, i did a 5gal batch 3 weeks ago. 1 week in primary, two weeks now in the secondary and it bubbles every 35 seconds or so. Do i dare mix some sugar in and bottle tomorrow or am i going to be making bombs? I am using 48 newly labeled Fat tire bottles :mug: and man am i excited. Just seeing what you guys think.

It's obviously going to blow any second. You'll have wrap your carboy in a towel, leave it out front of your house and PM me your address so I can drive down there to dispose of it.

Wait. What I mean is, if you're making sparkling cider you'll probably want to wait until the bubbling is at least one bubble minute or longer. I made some sparkling cider bottled with priming sugar at 3 weeks in the fermenter, and while I didn't have bombs, I did have some REALLY carbonated cider. I'd wait at least another week or two, difficult as that will be.

sounds good, i realized the way i wrote the previous post that it looked like i meant the carboy. ha. how much priming sugar did you use?

I was just starting out brewing, and I used 3/4 cup priming sugar just like in beer. Even that may have been too much, or it could've been I was just bottling too early.

Back