Red Stripe - Austin Homebrew Supply - Any tips or insight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldwarrior86

Reaction score
Hi all...it is March in the Northeast, getting ready for a blizzard and I'm thinking about the islands. I purchased a kit last week, a Red Stripe Mini-Mash Clone from Austin HB Supply.

I'm brewing this batch for a fishing trip for with the boys in the early summer, so if it sucks, I will not hear the end of it.

This is my second batch....I pretty much have the fundamentals down, but could use some tips on how to improve this batch.

Thanks in advance for the help...:tank::tank:

Have you ever lagered before? Don't really have any one tip that can save you from the mocking other than brew more.

Just keep everything clean, pitch a large yeast starter, control your mash and fermentation temperatures, and do a proper, extended cold conditioning.

Good luck!

As a backup, you might want to look into doing a Cream, Koelsch or Blonde Ale - those are excellent transition ales for industrial lager drinkers that are a little easier to brew.

Back