Camembert Cheeses in progress

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And by earthy, do you mean worm-like? LOL

Haha. Where's Homey.

It's really good. Melts great too, which is one of the tests I do with all my cheeses.

_mg_9776-65163.jpg

In my home town in Sussex, a bunch of French market traders come over every couple of weeks and run stalls on the high street. There's usually at least one cheese stand.

American cheese eaters would probably freak out at the range of cheeses in almost any UK supermarket. At least one side of one aisle, plus a significant part of the deli counter are usually devoted to regional cheeses.

Here we have to make do with a small section of Whole Foods or a single cooler in Trader Joe's for quality cheeses (although the Central Markets I've been to around DFW were better - and they filled growlers). The average supermarket here doesn't have much more than a single cooler of proper cheese - about the same range (but different varieties) as a Tesco Local.

Indeed! I am an American cheese eater, and was totally blown away by the variety of cheeses, sausages, and real ales in the UK. Every region is unique with all three!

For a while I was spending time in London and used to regularly hit a food thing set up in Coventry Garden. Amazing selections of cheeses and meats. Absolutely miss that!

In my home town in Sussex, a bunch of French market traders come over every couple of weeks and run stalls on the high street. There's usually at least one cheese stand.

American cheese eaters would probably freak out at the range of cheeses in almost any UK supermarket. At least one side of one aisle, plus a significant part of the deli counter are usually devoted to regional cheeses.

Here we have to make do with a small section of Whole Foods or a single cooler in Trader Joe's for quality cheeses (although the Central Markets I've been to around DFW were better - and they filled growlers). The average supermarket here doesn't have much more than a single cooler of proper cheese - about the same range (but different varieties) as a Tesco Local.

Indeed! I am an American cheese eater, and was totally blown away by the variety of cheeses, sausages, and real ales in the UK. Every region is unique with all three!

For a while I was spending time in London and used to regularly hit a food thing set up in Coventry Garden. Amazing selections of cheeses and meats. Absolutely miss that!

Sorry for the double post. From an iPhone it's a ***** when it actually posts but says you have to wait 29 more seconds before posting. Huff

Latest posts

Back