High proof peach wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hitthewall79

Reaction score
I want to make a VERY high proof peach wine

I want it way up there, as high as i can possibly get it. I was thinking about using distillers yeast and a crap ton of sugar and yeast nutrient. Any ideas on how to push the ABV% as high as humanly possibly besides distalation?

On a side note, i was at a garage sale the other day, and someone had a cast iron bottle capper for 50 cents, i looked it up and it's 80-100 years old. Makes me wonder how many bottles of beer or other things that little bugger is responsible for

Low to mid 20's is about it for AbV% before the strongest yeasts die, if you're lucky! Why aim for the highest AbV possible? I would guess the flavor would suffer.

My friend just built a still and is looking to get the highest AbV possible, since he's distilling it into race fuel. He plans to use sugar and water and clearly doesn't care about the taste since it's for fuel only. His goal is 20% with each 50gal barrel so he can run it through the still enough times to get a tank of gas.

Well you see, there's this lady, her name is brandy, and I hear she comes from a land of peaches

Why not just make 10 to 12 percent and freeze off the water to get winter brandy?

Careful. Depending on your location, freeze concentration can be illegal.

In Texas you have to comply with this: http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/AL/htm/AL.109.htm

ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE CODE
TITLE 4. REGULATORY AND PENAL PROVISIONS
CHAPTER 109. MISCELLANEOUS REGULATORY PROVISIONS
SUBCHAPTER B. HOME PRODUCTION OF WINE, ALE, MALT LIQUOR, OR BEER
Sec. 109.21

"The possession of wine, ale, malt liquor, or beer produced under this section is not an offense if the person making it complies with all provisions of this section and the wine, ale, malt liquor, or beer is not distilled, fortified, or otherwise altered to increase its alcohol content."

Emphasis added by yours truly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back