Monster energy drink = bmc?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wcarter1227

Reaction score
Remember a few months back when Monster made a big deal about the brewery that had monster in their name? Well it figures, not sure how long this has been but it seems that Anhueser-busch is the owner of monster energy drink.

I remember reading the article and thinking why the hell would an energy drink company say they "might want to break into the beer market". Well it makes sense, stupid BMC ********, they already have a big enough piece of the pie and their beers suck, why do they deserve anymore?

I used to be a big monster drinker, but since I now know who they are owned by, i think ill pass.

Just to play devil's advocate. Who cares who owns it? If BMC made good beer I'd drink it. I could care less who the owners are. I just want good beer.....

I thought Hansen owned Monster? Hence why Hansen Beverages was involved in the legal stuff too.

I never drank Monster in the past because it tastes like ass. I will not give them a second shot in the future because of the corporate bullying, BMC related or not.

Just for the record, Anheuser-Bush does not own and has never owned all or part of Hansen or the Monster Energy drink brand.

And furthermore, an agreement was made between the brewer and Monster. So, the "issue" is resolved. The agreement was that Vermont Brewing would not go into the business of making energy drinks.

Of course, why wouldn't Hansen Bev consider beer. Vitamin Beer is the hipster fad of the coming generation.

Who wouldn;t want a tallboy chelada, gensing, guarana root, light american pilsner fortified with Vitamins A, C, & D.

There is a relationship between Hansen and AB...but I think it's more that Monster (and maybe other Hansen products) are distributed through the AB Wholesaler network.

Coffee is not extreme enough for most people. I have a stimulant sensitivity, so I rarely drink any of that, but I agree that most energy drinks taste nasty. Monster has a few tasty coffee energy drinks though. At least compared to the soda-style stuff.

Back