California Brewing Company has a location!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yes it's true 1101 parkview ave Redding California 96001 (pictures to follow)
Phone # 530 243 BEER (installed this Friday)
It's not what you think, We couldn't get the funding in these hard economic times for the brewery. So we went with "plan B" the LHBS. I think some of the best business in this nation were built on "plan B"! We always planed on a LHBS as 2nd phase of the business plan, we just put it first, and in time... it will fund the brewery!
We will open our doors 2nd weekend in June. We have been selling stuff to the local market for months now and are working on our site for everyone else in the world.
So for now I want to offer this to all of you.
all stainless 1/2" connections for your build. $3.00 ea, that includes
90's
45's
couplings
1/2 couplings
and close nipples

all for 3.00 ea
I have unions as well for $12
and T's for $3.75

To make the deal even sweeter any order over $50, shipping is on me. (lower 48 of course)
if you want to add grain or hops to the order I can do that. I have Amarillo whole hops for $30.00 a # (limited Qty) and cascade pellet for $27 a #. but the $50 free shipping is for hardware only and only for a limited time. If you want to add some hops or grain to a $50 hardware order I will still pick up the shipping. We will talk about the bulk grains at a later date.

Now is the time to upgrade your entire system w/ stainless.
I am going to loose my shirt on this. So please order a shirt as well. HBT deal... $15 for the shirt. I have mens black and white short sleeve and girls tanks go to Fresh Brewed Attitude to see the shirts it's the "beer Gear" page. These are not your cheap a$$ tees. These things kick a$$ and are heavy duty. Just like my false bottoms!

PM me with orders for now. If you need something let me know and I will see what I can do for you. I am set up w/ 10 vendors and I want to get you all the stuff you need, and get you a KILLER deal at the same time. Feel free to PM me w/ requests.
As always.....
Cheers
Jay

Right on! Can't wait to come up and see the new store in action! Congratulations on the store, and good luck with business. And you are totally right about successful businesses being built on their Plan B. Back in the day, Ken Grossman started the Home Brew Shop in Chico a couple of years before starting up Sierra Nevada.

Freaken awesome Jay!!!

I'll be needing a few ins and outs here in a little bit, I'll def through my order your way!

Congrats on making your plan a reality! If I'm ever in the area I'll swing through :mug:

Congrats again man. Had fun checking out the space a couple weeks ago. Was also cool to meet all the SSOB's. Hopefully next time I make it up you'll have all the stock in and I can waste my $$ on something. Maybe plate chillers or 1/2" id counterflows on sale? ;)

Congrats on your venture, I am sure many of us would love to be in your shoes!

I'll be ordering soon, at the moment can't decide what though!

Steve

Thanks for the shout out guys. I am crazy busy putting this together. Loads of work is going into the store and a lot of thought on what to buy to stock it. I have had great ideas come in via PM as well, thanks for the great ideas. We are painting tomorrow and installing all the shelving also. All the while shipping stainless stuff like crazy. Thanks for all the orders on those so far. and Yes Photohand it's a limited time and an HBT only sale, on all the stainless 90's, couplings, grain, hops and such.
Cheers
Jay

Let me be the first to say:

California Brewing Company screwed up my order!
Do not buy from California Brewing Company.

j/k man. It's good to get that first complainer out of your way.

Yes it's true 1101 parkview ave Redding California 96001 (pictures to follow)
Phone # 530 243 BEER (installed this Friday)
It's not what you think, We couldn't get the funding in these hard economic times for the brewery. So we went with "plan B" the LHBS. I think some of the best business in this nation were built on "plan B"! We always planed on a LHBS as 2nd phase of the business plan, we just put it first, and in time... it will fund the brewery!

Congrats brutha! I know you've been working your arse off on the brewery stuff. As for the brewshop to be to fund to brewery, makes me think of Les Schwab who started selling tires to fund his cattle ranch! Now look at him, he can afford to give away FREE POPCORN how badass is that! As for listing your number.. may need to enter that into the cell for drunk dialing lol. Seriously man thats awesome way to do the stuff everybody thinks about doing :p Next time we go to Ashland we'll try to make it down to the shop. Maybe you can get those hippies up there to make the drive (walk?) down there too.

-Niko-

Congrats brutha! I know you've been working your arse off on the brewery stuff. As for the brewshop to be to fund to brewery, makes me think of Les Schwab who started selling tires to fund his cattle ranch! Now look at him, he can afford to give away FREE POPCORN how badass is that! As for listing your number.. may need to enter that into the cell for drunk dialing lol. Seriously man thats awesome way to do the stuff everybody thinks about doing :p Next time we go to Ashland we'll try to make it down to the shop. Maybe you can get those hippies up there to make the drive (walk?) down there too.

-Niko-

Well I see little Niko is keeping you up late bro!! Ahhhh the good ol days of feeding @ 3:am. Thanks for the shout out. ya know I didn't know that about Les Shcwab, that is killer. Ya I am living the dream my man. I am either gonna go broke, or be a huge success LOL at least that's what I am telling Mrs.Jaybird.
I will post up some pictures this evening. the place is looking killer.
Jay

Well I see little Niko is keeping you up late bro!! Ahhhh the good ol days of feeding @ 3:am. Thanks for the shout out. ya know I didn't know that about Les Shcwab, that is killer. Ya I am living the dream my man. I am either gonna go broke, or be a huge success LOL at least that's what I am telling Mrs.Jaybird.
I will post up some pictures this evening. the place is looking killer.
Jay

Yeah he had just downed a couple ounces.. He usually sleeps on my chest at night thats dad and son beer, tv, and chill time... till 5amish when I get up to get rollin' for the day :p Lookin' forward to those pics!

So I have several pictures and I would LOVE to post them, but they all seem to be to big, and I don't have a program to resize them. What do I do?

Upload the pix to a flickr or picasa account. I'm pretty sure they give you the option to auto resize.

Download this free windows XP addon from microsoft to do quick and basic image resizing.

Use an online service like this one to resize them.

Or just email them to me and I can do it.

For future reference, Gimp has a lot of the power of photoshop and is free. Also I think Irfanview can resize images, and that's free as well.

Irfanview is a great little program. I have been using it for years.

You can resize any image by going to:

image --> resize/resample

Peace,
Paulbill

So I have several pictures and I would LOVE to post them, but they all seem to be to big, and I don't have a program to resize them. What do I do?

I HIGHLY recommend Picasa, a free download from Google. It's a pic management program for your computer, and you can easily upload pics to the web. From there, it's pretty easy to hotlink pics from picasaweb.com.

Well several people have taken advantage of the free shipping hardware deal. I have sent out in the last week hundreds of pieces. I am going to offer this for about another week or so. I also am going to lower the price of the unions from $15 to $12 my supplier just gave me a better deal so the savings goes to you. If your installing a pump on your hard piped system, your gonna want 2 of these per pump, so you can replace the pump head w/out pulling off all the piping.

Thanks for all the orders guys
With your help California Brewing Company will be a success.

Cheers
Jay

So I go to resize my picts and they do resize, But when I go to upload them from my computer in "manage attachments" there is a big red bar accross the top that sum of all attachments is 8.4 MB owned by Jaybird, and it wont let me post another picture anywhere here on the site. What is up w/ that?

Ok, due to technical difficulties I'll post these pics. :D Congrats on the shop, and good luck with the opening Jay!

000_2325.jpg

000_2324.jpg

000_2328.jpg

000_2327.jpg

000_2335.jpg

000_2336.jpg

Thanks THB! I will be in there tonight till about 3am getting it finished up. I will shoot you some picts in the next few days. Or if Tx gets back to me we can figure out the problem, and I can post some.
Cheers
Jay

So we went with "plan B" the LHBS. I think some of the best business in this nation were built on "plan B"!

Great News!

Plan B is the name of my next Belgian Brew.
I'll have to send you a bottle or three. :tank:

ps.
you can get a plan b t-shirt if you click the linky in signature :)

oh. I'll send you some business as well. :)

Sweet shirt! I would love a bottle or 3 of the plan B brew. As you know, sometimes you just gotta go w/ plan B.

I have the shop ready for inventory and shelving. The shelving should go in tomorrow and inventory late next week.

Time to start selling some gear! And brewing some beer.:D

Sweet shirt! I would love a bottle or 3 of the plan B brew. As you know, sometimes you just gotta go w/ plan B.

I have the shop ready for inventory and shelving. The shelving should go in tomorrow and inventory late next week.

Time to start selling some gear! And brewing some beer.:D

Hell effin' ya man! I'm stoked for you. A brew shop AND a brewery holy crap my wife and kid would have to move in with me if I had that. Even if the brewery was just a room with my current sortaghetto homebrew setup but right next to where I WORKED how badass! That's going to be great too that you'll always have a supply of everything you need to brew with as for ingredients and such on hand. Anywho best of luck to you guys I'm sure it'll kick ass! Btw is that you holding the beer there?

-Niko-

It was a great time. It was slammed both days, and the good thing is, I didn't know 90% of the people that came in. We sold a bunch of brew kits and built several scratch kits. I gave away a bunch of Simcoes to my first and second day customers as a door thank you gift. Pictures??? Never did hear back from the Admin here on HBT, I still can't post any. I didn't really take any from day 1. What was I thinking.
Thanks for coming up THB it was nice to get to hang w/ you and your beautiful family.
Cheers
Jay

Back