Commercial Kolsch (Style) Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tron

Reaction score
Ive been reading a lot about kolsch beers people are making on the forum and they sound good but I want to try the style before I go and make 5 gallons worth. I live in southern wisconsin and most of the liquor store owners are either ignorant (young like me) or jerks so I was wondering what commercial versions would be readily available in the area. Thanks in advance.

If you can possibly get if, try the Reissdorf. By far my favorite and the one that pretty much turned me onto German styles.

Beerrific said:
Shinner also makes a Kolsch style. But, might be hard to get in wisconsin.

yep, same with saint arnolds... (i cant spell)

it's ok, i prefer the Shiner version....i think

thanks for the help all....... at least now I have a idea of what to look for, now the challenge will be to find a store that sells more than just beast light.

Flying Dog Tire Bite
Denver,Co
And St Arnold Lawnmower.
I have had the St Arnold it was alright.

Vermicous said:
If you can possibly get if, try the Reissdorf. By far my favorite and the one that pretty much turned me onto German styles.

I had one of these last night. Pretty damn good.

clayof2day said:
Goose Island summertime is a Kölsch style ale too. That should be distro'ed in WI

Just checked their website and booyah available in wi. i will have to look for that. thanks a lot guys.

Back