Calling all beer loving audio editors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesnsw

Reaction score
Or at least one...

Over at this thread we're working on a homebrewing video similar to the craft brewing one. We have almost all the lines done, and we're close to having a cut done.

One big thing we're missing is someone to do audio. We have lots of room noise, and very different room noise with each shot. I can do a hack job of it, but I would love if someone with a bit more experience would be willing to take an OMF and work some magic with it.

It's a 4 minute piece, with music underneath.
Anybody willing?

James, is the music on a different track? it might be easier to remove the background noise if the music isn't there. Then, add the music back.

Oh definitely. The OMF would keep all the audio tracks and cuts separate, so each could be worked on separately in the audio program, whatever that may be.

My son is a trained audio professional, he may be interested. I, On the other hand, dont have a clue what "the OMF" is, so If I get a file of some sort I could forward it to him, you can send it to [email protected] if you'd like. Or is it on-line somewhere?

My son is a trained audio professional, he may be interested. I, On the other hand, dont have a clue what "the OMF" is, so If I get a file of some sort I could forward it to him, you can send it to [email protected] if you'd like. Or is it on-line somewhere?

The OMF will be a file that will contain all the audio he needs. It'll be too big for email, so I'm thinking FTP or another internet file transfer. Check with him, see if he's interested, and when I have everything locked, I can get it to him. If he's in the Denver metro area, I'd be willing to send some homebrew his way.

The OMF will be a file that will contain all the audio he needs. It'll be too big for email, so I'm thinking FTP or another internet file transfer. Check with him, see if he's interested, and when I have everything locked, I can get it to him. If he's in the Denver metro area, I'd be willing to send some homebrew his way.

I texted him, we are all on the western slope but someone gets over there (Denver area) once in awhile, I think they are headed to the atmosphere concert on Aug 15th at red rocks. If you want to hear some of his editing talents, here's a current link of their ad: [ame=http://current.com/items/88876687_onboard-balloon.htm]Onboard Balloon // Current[/ame] (Shameless plug) he's pretty busy working two jobs trying to support his audio job. :rockin: I'll let you know what he says.

I texted him, we are all on the western slope but someone gets over there (Denver area) once in awhile, I think they are headed to the atmosphere concert on Aug 15th at red rocks. If you want to hear some of his editing talents, here's a current link of their ad: Onboard Balloon // Current (Shameless plug) he's pretty busy working two jobs trying to support his audio job. :rockin: I'll let you know what he says.

I'm digging the music... will be checking for more.

I think the main thing here is going to be turnaround. I'm hoping to have everything locked by Wednesday, and then give the weekend to the audio person to do it by Monday. If your son is cool with that, great, if not, then ChshreCat has volunteered as well.

One wrench. I'm not going to be able to use my Final Cut machine on this, so I won't be able to handle an OMF file.

I'm digging the music... will be checking for more.

I think the main thing here is going to be turnaround. I'm hoping to have everything locked by Wednesday, and then give the weekend to the audio person to do it by Monday. If your son is cool with that, great, if not, then ChshreCat has volunteered as well.

They have 3 full songs here: Onboard Balloon on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
if you're interested/can wade the BS, etc

Anyway, haven't heard from him yet, I'm sure 4 min's would be cake for him but he's at work this evening till late. We have access to stellar quick internet at my work so download/upload shouldn't be a problem (I guess that's how he would access it?). He may be coming here after his work is over tonight (I'm on night shift also). Either way I'll let you know after I yack at him.

He just called and said he's not sure what type media file OMF is but probably that logic (MAC Audio software) would take it, anyway he could try it if I can FTP it and get him a copy burned to disk. He asked if you brew any dank, dark beer, heh heh:mug:.

He just called and said he's not sure what type media file OMF is but probably that logic (MAC Audio software) would take it, anyway he could try it if I can FTP it and get him a copy burned to disk. He asked if you brew any dank, dark beer, heh heh:mug:.

Checked it out, and Logic will take it. Nothing too dank here, sadly. I do have a Ginger Stout that got 3rd in a Homebrew contest, and I probably can rustle up a couple bottles of that... Besides that, I just got some Pale Ales and Wits.

Back