Diamond plate ideas for keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks,

That is less expensive than I thought but have not looked into shipping yet and it is probably worth the one dollar for them to cut it. It would be nice if it wrapped around the corner but I think it will have to have a seam. Any ideas for the seam?

You could go with stainless, I'd avoid aluminum, but don't discount plain steel. You could have plain steel powder-coated in any color you want.

That looks pretty cool. I'm thinking get the 10 x 96 and just wrap it around the corners..

Here is the progress so far. I've used 2 x 10's so I can take full advantage of the hump.

IMG_1368.jpg

I put some diamond plate corners on my keezer b/c SWMBO was bothered by my imperfect corners (the stain didn't penetrate evenly over the wood filler) -- They were really inexpensive, and turned out pretty cool.

3525671937_cd66feaf1f.jpg

You could go with stainless, I'd avoid aluminum, but don't discount plain steel. You could have plain steel powder-coated in any color you want.

I've always loved the look of brushed steel, especially the uneven "took a grinder to it" look. I wonder if there's a way to do that to mild steel and then seal it so it doesn't rust?

I've always loved the look of brushed steel, especially the uneven "took a grinder to it" look. I wonder if there's a way to do that to mild steel and then seal it so it doesn't rust?

It can be done but its a pain. First you need to clean the Metal then prep it. I use a DA set to spin like a grinder with 100 grit paper and make your design on the metal, clean with 100% isopropyl alcohol. Heat the metal in an oven at 220° to drive off any moisture and then hit with the alcohol again let it flash then immediately spray your 2k Urethane clear with a minimum of 3 coats . I did this is on a set of tins from a HD Fatboy .

Latest posts

Back