Another is this a infection thread :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeepinctbrewer

Reaction score
Extract dead ringer ipa two weeks primary, on it's 2nd week secondary with dry hops in Muslin sack. Hop pellets*

image-3739926196.jpg

image-1513129927.jpg

image-1038055118.jpg

image-3337307278.jpg

image-247811711.jpg

Looks like yeast to me.

Fermentation is never pretty. But the look of it does vary from yeast to yeast.

that one image of the hop sack can be one of those "jesus in a carboy" type deals you hear about on the "news". you have a jesus infection.

Just looks like yeast settled out on that ring/ridge in the better bottle. Go ahead and rack it into a keg. Once you cold crash it, everything will drop to the bottom. The first pint or two might be a little cloudy/have some hop debris but after that you should be good to go.

-Steve

Can you even get sick from an infected batch or will it just taste bad? I do my best to prevent infections but I don't fret over it b/c I just figure if it tastes awful I will ditch. I guess if there is a health hazard I will take a different approach.

Can you even get sick from an infected batch or will it just taste bad? I do my best to prevent infections but I don't fret over it b/c I just figure if it tastes awful I will ditch. I guess if there is a health hazard I will take a different approach.

you can't get sick from an "infected" batch of beer. infection refers to wild yeast or bacteria that will ferment your beer and give flavors that are not the same as the "regular" yeast. lambic beer is fermented with these "undesirable" yeasts and bacteria and it's delicious.

Back