Any Hangover M.D.'

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibfried

Reaction score
I've got hangover head :(

We must have a good hangover cure out there. The worst ones I get are with storebought brew. I never get cheap stuff anymore. Last night I picked up some "WARSTEINER DUNKEL" - this is the best storebought stuff I've had. Drank 4 - 12oz. Huge headache the next morning - an all day thing at that.

Give me your best hangover advice and I'll be a happy man! :p

What are your secrets?

from my wife's grandfather (little old italian man):

2 oz of hot espresso, 1 egg yolk, 1 tsp sugar, 1 oz whiskey.

sweeten the espresso, then drop in the egg yolk and beat it like crazy witha fork until it becomes creamy (egg cooks due to heat of espresso, so don't worry about getting sick from it). add the whiskey. drink.

Disclaimer: i have never tried this. he swore by it, but I just couldn't bring myself to drink whiskey with a hangover. :)

-walker

lots of water before, during, and after drinking. (try alternating beer w glasses of water) will help. Also, the number one secret that you've probably already heard about - vitamin B. Take some before you drink, maybe the morning after. Brewer's yeast contains vitamin B - possibly why you get more of a hangover from commercial (filtered) brews.

also, taking a shower the morning after when you have a hangover should help. just my 2 cents

Dragonfly said:
lots of water before, during, and after drinking. (try alternating beer w glasses of water) will help. Also, the number one secret that you've probably already heard about - vitamin B. Take some before you drink, maybe the morning after. Brewer's yeast contains vitamin B - possibly why you get more of a hangover from commercial (filtered) brews.

also, taking a shower the morning after when you have a hangover should help. just my 2 cents
When I used to go to clubs, the water thing is the only way that stopped me feeling realy bad.

Anytime I get a hangover and I want it to go away REAL fast I go with . . .but then again I'm a firefighter/paramedic so I have acess to the stuff too :cross:

4 asprin
1-2 liters 5% saline through a 18 guage needle, run it wide open
15 liters/minute of oxygen until the IV runs out
1 Coke (pepsi sucks)
1 dark little corner where no one will see ya

many mornings the guys ask me to "make it better" and it always sems to work

if i was found in a dark corner with an needle in my arm, some small white pills, and some coke, I'd probably be sent away for a while.

-walker

Are you crazy! If I thought about doing that when I woke up, I wouldn't drink the night before. All you people in the medical field are nuts!

My brother is a doctor and he's a nut. I'll disregard this post....

LOL

:D

A shot of whiskey in espresso (or in anything else) will help chase away a hangover, but it is wise to keep in mind that it is better to pay the wages of sin and suffer with the hangover rather than resort to that particular cure. Becoming dependent on the hair of the dog that bit you for your hangover cure is a solid first step towards dependency.

Not to be a downer or anything.

Walker said:
if i was found in a dark corner with an needle in my arm, some small white pills, and some coke, I'd probably be sent away for a while.

-walker

If I was found with the same stuff I damn sure wouldn't be worried about a simple hangover....

Water is the answer. A hangover is essentially caused by a dehydrated brain.

The next morning take all you empty homebrew bottles, add some water to the sediment, swich aorund, then drink.

Do this to each bottle. It will have the follwing effects:

1) Your bottles will be clean
2) The Vitamin B(12 I think) will help somewhat
3) After about the third time swigging back yeast sediment, you'll automaticly cringe at the thought of getting drunk ever again. LOL

:D

Back