Filling CO2, Where?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamnw

Reaction score
I just bought a keg-kit, and need to get the co2 filled.

Anyone near Chattanooga,TN area know where to fill them?

Thanks

Most welding supplies will only do a tank exchange, which you don't want since you probably have a new tank. Try a fire extinguisher store, they fill them

I got mine filled at an Ace Hardware; I don't know if they have them in TN. You could also try sporting stores like Sports Authority or Dicks; places that sell paint gun supplies will fill CO2.

Most gas places in my area, including beverage, fire extinguisher, and welding supply houses, do exchange. Even my local HB shop does exchange. A couple will fill yours if you want, but only on certain days, and you better make it clear that you want your original tank back. Got to call around to find out.

There is a dry ice place close to my home brew shop that fills tanks cheap, however. I use them because I had a new tank and liked it all shiny and new.

I'm now thinking that exchange is not so bad, as when your tank certification expires, you don't have to pay the re-cert fee.

But, as I said, get out the phone book and start calling.....

Back