Are there any Home Brew Clubs in the Southern Maine Region?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D0ug

Reaction score
Any fellow Mainiacs around here? Do you guys now of any homebrew clubs in the Southern Maine or Portland area?

I did a search on this awhile back and it sounds like the Southern Maine Homebrewers is the only game in the state (not sure if the others listed on this thread are still around):

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f20/there-brew-club-portland-me-57891/

Southern Maine Homebrewers also appears are based a little to the south of us...probably not a bad drive if you were willing to travel.

I also remember DMing somebody who was starting up a club in Portland, I never heard much more about that.

I'd be interested in joining or giving a hand in starting up a Portland based club, if others are interested. I know there are quite a few Portland-area brewers on this site. Maybe we'll see what gets stirred up by this thread.

Anybody else?

i would be interested. never homebrewed before but have had a mr beer in the cellar for years unused. decided i wanted to try it but not waste my time with the mr beer making bad beer so i have a real kit on its way and will try it soon.

I'm a member of a small Portland area club, Portland Mashing Maineiacs. It has a core of about 6-10 guys. if you are interested in getting on the e-mail list you can send an e-mail to [email protected]. we meet the last Sunday of the month usually at a different members house. We just had our Oktoberfest meeting and our 2 BJCP judges judged some of our beers. Its a very relaxed, laid back group.

Back