Ideas for interesting 1 gallon batches?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robtotten

Reaction score
I got a hold of about 9 glass jugs, 1 gallon each. I figure I'll use them to ferment unusual beers or other beverages on rainy days when I can't brew outside. I'm planning a few different variations on Ethiopian honey wine (tej? it's basically a mead) and if I can gather enough, a honeysuckle or rose wine. I was also thinking about doing a 2 or 3 gallon batch (my stove can handle that) of a basic pale ale with a neutral bittering hop, and dry hopping with a variety of hops.

Any other ideas? I'm going to pass on Apfelwein because I want to do a 5 or 10 gallon batch soon. I need more gratification than waiting 6 months to a year for a mere gallon of drink.

I was listening to the jamil show "Belgian Strong Dark" episode, and they mentioned that you could make an entire beer with only aromatic malt. Jamil actually sounded really excited about the concept but I dont remember ever hearing about it again. This was going to be a pet project of mine, but I don't mind sharing :)

Meaning no hops? A lot of Belgians are very low on the hops anyway. Tell me more!

I was listening to the jamil show "Belgian Strong Dark" episode, and they mentioned that you could make an entire beer with only aromatic malt. Jamil actually sounded really excited about the concept but I dont remember ever hearing about it again. This was going to be a pet project of mine, but I don't mind sharing :)

he never mentioned any hops, but I know I would add some. I would think a little Hallertauer to about 18-23IBU would do the trick. Just something to think about.

Looking at it I would say 2lb Aromatic and .25 Hallertauer at 60min. about as simple it gets :) I might still do this and submit it as SMaSH.

Back