FFB Veteran League - HBT Challenge!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd gladly commish... but I only have commish experience with Yahoo leagues :p and I know you guys don't want that.

Anyway, yeah, we need to get this rolling! Like Brett, I'm feelin' the itch.

I'm going to lay out the process here and if anyone that played in this particular league in the past wants to change or respond, please do so.

1) Elect or appoint a commissioner, preferably someone that is already in the league. Rod has already indicated that it will be impossible for him to do so. We can entertain a new person as the commish if no one will step up.

2) Confirm who from last year will take part this year.

3) Settle up with whomever is owed beer.

4) Pick a draft date with these members only. It'll be much easier.

5) Decide if there are to be more members and decide who to add. THEY MUST BE ABLE TO ACCEPT THE DRAFT DATE WHATEVER IT MAY BE.

Questions:

How many teams 8, 12, 16?
Do you foresee having more people wanting in than slots available?
Will we run two leagues if more people want in than there are slots available?

I think we had 12 last year. I think 12 is the upper limit on can work.

From the top of my head, last year we had:

OlllllO
Todd_K
Dude
Bird
RDWJ
DesertBrew
Me
Bernie Brewer
Boston
Walker
2nd Street
One other, no longer with HBT

I know that quite a few of those guys aren't really around much this year- so maybe the first order of business for the new Commish is to find out who's in and who's out.

Last year there was a veteran's league (this one) and a noob league. I don't remember who the commish was of the noob league.

Walker hasn't been on in ages, but of course he wasn't around much before last season and then seemed to show up for FFB. I haven't seen 2nd Street around too much lately, either.

Who came in last place, last year? I thought part of the deal was the last place finished got kicked out to the n00b league...

I'm definately interested in getting in on a league. I tried fantasy for the first time last year and one league wasn't enough. I'll be good for the homebrew as well.

The other stip was you had to be a supporting member because this goes behind the firewall once the league is set.

Walker will be in. It's his connection to the board and I'd hate to see him lose that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back