Can this beer be saved?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tastybeer

Reaction score
I racked this into a secondary. When I did I noticed a speck of something that came out of my tap and I didn't see it until it was too late. After about a week or 2 the speck started to grow. Looks nasty but tastes good. Any suggestions on how to save this? It has been in secondary for 3 weeks. It is floating on top but hanging down into the carboy about 4 inches and growing. I can't upload a pic on this site but I have ones. This might work for a picture http://s491.photobucket.com/albums/rr273/Unlabeleddave/ Yes I'm fairly noob.

It not a speck anymore I've posted a link to the pics to give you a better idea

I would try and suck it out. A meat injector might work (Syringe type). Even better, maybe an autosiphon. I wouldn't use a turkey baster, because every baster I have used always spits some back out after you suck it up.

maybe im crazy but i would use a long length of tube and mouth suck that jelly sh*t. Just make sure you stop sucking before you get a mouth full of it, otherwise you'll find out what kinda of man you are.

That reminds me of the party scene in the first American Pie movie. Not sure i could drink that.

That's a good one. typotux (36).gif

Back