Can I bottle half tonight and half tomorrow?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cevamal

Reaction score
I'm bottling my first batch from my Coopers kit. I'd like to do half in the Cooper PET bottles & half in glass, but I'm still sanitizing the glass half and would like to deal with that tomorrow, if I can.

Is it okay to bottle half now and let the fermenter sit overnight, or will the bottling introduce too much oxygen?

Thanks!

If you haven't added the priming sugar yet, sure you can do it. Add half the normal priming sugar to your bottling bucket, then rack half over and bottle that. Tomorrow, after cleaning out the bucket of course, add the other half of the priming sugar, rack and bottle.

I'm using the carbonation drops that came with the kit...I was just worried about how much oxygen is sucked in while I'm drawing beer out the tap. Not a problem?

Professor Frink said:
If you haven't added the priming sugar yet, sure you can do it. Add half the normal priming sugar to your bottling bucket, then rack half over and bottle that. Tomorrow, after cleaning out the bucket of course, add the other half of the priming sugar, rack and bottle.
wouldnt that make everything half carbed
EDIT: Mis read your post yes that would work

Ew! I hate, loathe, and despise bananas...can't I have a beer?! What sort of dry forum IS this, anyway? ;)

Even though you already bottled them all, I am inclined to say that in general this would be a bad idea with so much headspace and it would probably oxidize.

Back