Listermann kits and heat...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CodeRage

Death by Magumba!
Reaction score
I made my first order with Listermann's, a brew kit and 2 beer kits. Well my order should have arrived 2 days. contacted Dan at listermann's and apparently the package is MIA. Now I am not too upset, these kinds of things happen. But since I have 2 beer kits with the potential of sitting in a hot warehouse or in the back of a truck for 1 week+. Could I have problems with the ingredients, specifically the yeast?

Your kits probably will be coming with dry yeasts, if this is the case then you are most likely fine. It seems the dry yeast are pretty tough buggers. A starter (you can use the wiki to see how to make a starter) would prove to you that your yeasts are indeed still viable and would improve your beer a bit potentially. Good luck with the first brews! Oh what did you get by the way? I'm always interested to hear what other people are going to be making

Awesome. I sent an email to Dan but I wasnt expecting a response until Tues but he got back to me just a little while ago and said the same thing. So I wont sweat it. The first brew is going to be a sweet stout but it may be a little while before I can get to it. I have to build a fermentation chamber first. Got the PID controller today and have the refrigeration parts. I need the ale pail for the dimensions which are currently lost in transist.
Tonight I am trying to get a LM-34 probe to work with it. Suppose to be accurate to 1 deg f which is better than type k thermocouples. We'll see.

Back