American Peach Pale Ale...Three pounds of peaches?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BVilleggiante

Reaction score
I'm going to be adding some peaches to an American Pale Ale I made. Adding them to the secondary for three days only. I just want a light hint of peach and was going to try using 3 pounds for a 5 gallon batch. Any thoughts on that?

Peaches are very dissapointing in beer, and quite frankly and also a little strange, not that peach like. Try apricots for a peach flavor or use peach extract...hope this helps

I added 2.5lb at flame out to a Newcastle clone hoping to give it a slight peach flavor. I was disappointed. I feel like it only made the beer sweeter and did not add much flavor or aroma. Maybe adding more might help?

A brewery here is Spartanburg, SC makes a Peach Wheat called Son of a Peach, which is what gave me the inspiration. I do know they use fresh local peaches but not how much or when they are added. But their beer have a strong peach flavor.

If I use peaches I may try adding them during cold crashing. I've read a lot that the flavor can come out sour due to the sugars from the peaches being used in the fermentation. If added at cold crash my thought is those sugars/sweetness will remain. Thoughts?

Back