Saved myself $70 on a beer gun!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSherwood

Reaction score
Had to share. Put a small piece of vinyl tubing on my bottle filler, shoved it up into the Perlick, made sure the pressure was super low (no more than 5psi), opened her up, and it filled just like from a bottling bucket. A bit of foam, but nothing to worry about.

I don't ever see a need to spend the money on a Beer Gun when this worked great. I keg 90% of my beers, so this is perfect for those random times I need to bottle. I prefer carbing in a keg anyway, and this was super easy. Wasted less than 4 oz of beer over a 12 pack.

Was worth a post to share with keggers needing a few bottles but don't want to fork over the $$$ for a fancy gun.

Cheers!

image-873455062.jpg

Cutting the tip off will help with the foam, it flows freely rather than fanning out because of the tip. The tip works fine for uncarbonated beer but carbonated beer is a different story. Having the bottles the same temp as the beer helps too. Cheers!!!

I like it. I keg all my beer and try to bottle a 6 pack or two to give to freinds. I will have to give it a try.
Thanks

Back