how to pressure test brutus gas beam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canyonbrewer

Reaction score
Hello All -

I am trying to pressure test my brutus 10 "integrated" gas beam before I relase my welder, but am having some issues.

I can hear the pressure entering the beam, and can't see any leaks (using soapy water)...but once I turn off the co2 tank, the pressure guage goes to zero.

Can someone give me a simple rundown about how to pressure test the beam?

I am using my C02 kegging setup. I have 4 holes in the beam:

1. co2 in
2. plug
3. plug
4. pressure guage

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Doing wrong really nothing. You can have a pin hole so small it blow the soap off and show nothing. Try compressed air and turn up the pressure.

Believe it or not you can feel it just run you hands over the seams.

I had one I built that drove me up a wall with a leak that I soaped several times. I installed a schrader valve and use the tire air chuck it was 11 G box so I ran the pressure up to about 65 lbs. I was checking when I felt the air on my cheek.

God Bless
Dominus Vobiscum
Swagman:cool:

Hello All -

I am trying to pressure test my brutus 10 "integrated" gas beam before I relase my welder, but am having some issues.

I can hear the pressure entering the beam, and can't see any leaks (using soapy water)...but once I turn off the co2 tank, the pressure guage goes to zero.

Can someone give me a simple rundown about how to pressure test the beam?

I am using my C02 kegging setup. I have 4 holes in the beam:

1. co2 in
2. plug
3. plug
4. pressure guage

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

I assume it is leaking pretty fast? Like won't hole pressure at all? I must ask, did you weld up the beam fully BEFORE installing the cross sections to the rear frame?

Thanks Guys -

won't hold pressure at all. It must be leaking badly...just not sure where yet. already emptied a full 5 lb. co2 tank.

To be honest, I forget the order we welded in. I do know we welded the couplers in before welding the beam into the frame. Gonna keep trying...gotta borrow an air compressor.

Won't have a chance to work on this again until next weekend....

did however get the pumps mounted.

Back