just got accused

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of the time I was rinsing off my immersion chiller while a few persons belonging to a religious organization were walking up to the house.They stayed for like a week.

I can't count the times the cops have "stopped" by just to check things out. Usually meth has something to do with their questioning and I guess checking to see if I have all my teeth or not. Granted I live in a not so awesome part of Houston, but really? Sometimes it gets a little ridiculous.

I would have immediately asked,"Have you ever seen someone make moonshine before?" When they either were looking like a deer in the headlights or replied,"No." I would have said,"The state looks down on sodomizing underage children. You look like a pedophile to me." But I am filled with sarcasm and little tolerance for stupid people.

I live a few miles from the police heliport and I've had a helicopter circling my house's near vicinity - seemingly my house specifically - while I was out with my brewing equipment on a few occasions...

Reminds me of the time I was rinsing off my immersion chiller while a few persons belonging to a religious organization were walking up to the house.They stayed for like a week.

The other day a couple religious guys knocked on my door. I invited them in, gave them coffee, sat down and asked "So, what did you want to tell me about?"

They said "Hell if we know... we never got this far before!"

i could see ( maybe) them getting suspicious of my immersion chiller, but the iggnorant f%&*s were alarmed by my glass 6 gallon carboy, star san and a piece of alum. foil over the mouth, sitting on the porch.

Oh man i cannot WAIT for the day this happens to me!! I swear i will have so many illegal looking things by that time. Maybe hang a few fake distillery and whiskey signs around and purposely run copper tubing around the place into something looking like a still, but maybe in actuality is a water fountain or something.

Seriously HBT readers...why wouldn't you purposely mess with your neighbors if they're that stupid?

Wanna really freak out the neighbors? Paint something like this on all your equipment (BK, MLT, fermenters..)

radiation_warning_symbol_rusty_450.jpg

Take the high road, and whenever said brew is completely done (i.e. bottled, carbed & delicious), head next door and offer a few to your nosy neighbors.

"Hi. *handshake* This is what you interrupted me for last month."

This is the correct way to handle the matter.
It's not that hard to have at least neutral relations with people, and hopefully even better. This is nothing ever gained by having bad relations with neighbors.

You want to impress them? Starte telling them about the purposes of different rests during the All Grain process. How different enzymes need different temperatures nd Ph ranges, and how they target different sugars.
Give them some hops to smell, tell them its the flowe of a vine, and how its used to flavor beer.

Also tell them that you don't distill anything, and thats what moonshine is

Oh man i cannot WAIT for the day this happens to me!! I swear i will have so many illegal looking things by that time. Maybe hang a few fake distillery and whiskey signs around and purposely run copper tubing around the place into something looking like a still, but maybe in actuality is a water fountain or something.

Seriously HBT readers...why wouldn't you purposely mess with your neighbors if they're that stupid?

i like your idea.
wish we were neighbors.
but..
i guess i'll take the high road and offer them one when its done, then when they fall in love with homebrew i'll stop givin them brews. cut em off.:ban:

I would have immediately asked,"Have you ever seen someone make moonshine before?" When they either were looking like a deer in the headlights or replied,"No." I would have said,"The state looks down on sodomizing underage children. You look like a pedophile to me." But I am filled with sarcasm and little tolerance for stupid people.

I don't know about your state, but my state looks down on sodomizing of-age children as well....in fact, I don't think you can sodomize anyone unless they ask you to. :ban:

because those same idiots will all the cops before they actually approach you about something.

ChshreCat said:
The other day a couple religious guys knocked on my door. I invited them in, gave them coffee, sat down and asked "So, what did you want to tell me about?"

They said "Hell if we know... we never got this far before!"

Nyuk nyuk nyuk

I used to slap one of these two on all my stuff. I had access to a ton of them while I was a hazardous waste technician.

dothaz3.jpg

dothaz6infect.jpg

I don't know about your state, but my state looks down on sodomizing of-age children as well....in fact, I don't think you can sodomize anyone unless they ask you to. :ban:

in my state you can't do it even if the other person (people) does (do) ask you too! but then again i doubt they would know unless you did it outside.:D

I tend to agree with the others. I had nosy neighbors as well, so I just invited them over for a beer. Let them see, taste, and smell the grains and hops, and then show them a catalog that you order stuff from. I find the catalog (like Northern Brewer's) goes a long way because it is professional, shows clearly what is available to everyone interested, and it places wine right alongside beer.

Once people realize that you are basically going through the same process as wine making, for some reason, they get more comfortable with the whole deal.

what's wrong with making moonshine...:cross:

besides, it's better than being accused of making meth. I've heard an account of this and the cops were called to a brewer's house, only to find some good ole homebrew boiling away in the garage!

Thankfully all of my neighbors mind their own business. I've briefly talked to the neighbors on either side of me, but for the most part they let me do my thing and I let them do theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back