upright freezers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elpresidente

Reaction score
I am not sure if I missed this while browsing all the posts on making kegerators out of chest freezers, but can upright freezers be used as well? I have been seeing a bunch on my local CL for pretty cheap and thought about it but I do not remember seeing any converted.....only chest freezers.

If there are coils in the shelves then its pretty difficult to use. You have to bend them out of the way and really risk rendering the freezer useless.

The frost free type usually don't have coils in the shelves and the shelves are movable/removable. They tend to be more expensive too

Of course since cold air sinks, even if you open a chest freezer the cold air stays in there. With an upright as soon as you open the door the cold air starts flowing out

Look for freezerless frige. I bought a fridgidaire on mgr's special a year ago. I use it as a fermenting chamber, but it will eventually become a 10 tap keggerator. Some one here has converted the same frige.

pop_image_resize.asp

Look for freezerless frige. I bought a fridgidaire on mgr's special a year ago. I use it as a fermenting chamber, but it will eventually become a 10 tap keggerator. Some one here has converted the same frige.

pop_image_resize.asp

:off:

10 tap???

I would love to see this!! Can you fit 10 cornies in there?

Back