Patience patience patience!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dneubeck85

Reaction score
If there is one thing new brewers should truly learn is patience!! I learned this the hard way a couple years ago. Brewed an imperial ipa with a buddy that is learning how to brew. Not only did he keg the beer too early, but he under carbed the beer, and then bottled it all within like three days!! Flat nasty beer!! I'm not pissed he went and did this by himself, I'm pissed he ruined five gallons of 10% beer!!

Seems like most folks have never done anything that takes a conciderable time to complete. Too much desire for instant gratification in todays world. That's why making things from scratch from manufacturing to dinner is desired to be left to someone else. That's ruining our country as we speak. Sevice economies don't work. Same thing with beer,but we're finally starting to learn what real beer is & becoming the craft beer mecca of the world.
All because some had the patience to keep trying & perfecting. And so must we all. It's not the destination,but the journey that should be minded.

People settle for convenience all the time. I think homebrewers who are new to the hobby are especially prone to being impatient, but who can blame them. After a few batches a lot of them start brewing multiple batches so they have enough on hand to drink while they wait for the batches in process to mature.

But when it comes down to it, your friend may have made a mistake unknowingly, or maybe that's how he prefers his beer. There is some level of personal taste involved.

I suggest brewing your OWN batch and doing it the way YOU want.

I do make my own batches....it was a sort if collaboration and a learning experience for him. Guess he learned what not to do.

Back