Kegging Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dierythmus

Reaction score
Hi All,

First time poster, long time lurker.

I have about 6 batches (all extract) under my belt at this point, and all is going well. I’ve been bottling all of my brews, but I want to start kegging.

After long negotiations, my wife has allowed me the use of half of our spare refrigerator. I can take shelves out, but I can’t drill any holes for taps. That’s fine with me.

Is there a complete starter kit that would have all of the equipment I need (maybe without CO2 or any of the “replenishables”)? I make 5 gallons at a time and would love to keep a pony keg in the fridge. I have a great homebrew warehouse about 10 minutes away from me, and they have helped me get started with everything so far, but they are fairly new and haven’t started selling that equipment yet. Any suggestions? Trying to keep costs low (hoping to put something on my Xmas list).

My apologies if this should be posted elsewhere.

:mug:

There are some great threads in the bottling/kegging section that have helped me. I just got my first 2 kegs today! Now on to scoring either a keezer or building my own!

There are lots of places that will sell you a kegging kit. None will come with the gas unless you get it from the local brew store since they can't ship the full gas bottle.
Check craigslist for kegs.
Go to the local brew store and see if they can order what you want. You will be helping out the local store and getting first person one on one help. This is assuming that they keg instead of all bottles. I would ask since if they don't keg they might not be as much help.

My "local" brew store ( 2 hours away ) doesn't stock mills. They are setting up the account and then they will order one for me. They may get one for the shelf when they do it.
I get my mill. It only takes three weeks or so extra, I get to help the brew store, everyone wins.

Latest posts

Back