clean up is a pain in the ___

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewmiser

BrewMiser
Reaction score
broke the little valve right out of my auto siphon when I was cleaning it & then got my brush stuck in my bottle filler.... son of a B....

I think i'm going to have to break my bottle filler just to get my nice brush out....lol
:mad:

I just let the pbw and oxiclean do the heavy cleaning. Very little scrubbing required except on the kettle.

yeah but I had some stuff stuck at the end of the auto siphon I wanted to clean it out & i've been having an issue with oxiclean lately, seems to leave a white film, maybe i used too much?so I'm going to get some pbw next time I'm at the LHBS

If you're talking about a bottling wand, you can pull the tip off - then you could shove the brush on through.
As for the AS valve, there are some threads about that and ways to get it back in - I recall one where someone says he uses needle-nose pliers to get one of the hooks lined up, then slides a socket (as in socket wrench) slowly down the tube to pop the valve back in place - I don't know how well that works, since I've never had that problem (knock on wood). I think someone else sticks it to the end of a dowel rod and shoves it back down. Don't remember how he sticks it to the dowel.

yes, I'm talking about my bottling wand but I don't think the tip comes off? I'll check.

I'll try the needle nose & socket thing, hope it works.

Thanks,

The stopper on my AS fell out when it got crammed with hops one time. I taped it to the end of a long bamboo stick used for gardening and pushed it back in place through the tube.

Disclaimer: my friend tried first and he gave up after a while. I got it on the third or fourth try so maybe I got lucky. I'd go with the pliers first, but mine does work.

yeah my tip doesn't come off my bottling wand, er atleast it wasn't suppose to. I broke it, no biggie now i can get a nicer one. still fighting to get my brush out but i'm sure Mr. Hammer can help me with that...lol

Back