Where to stay in Austin for best breweries/taprooms

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abeasst

Reaction score
I'm headed to Austin and wanted to know a good area to stay in to be near breweries/taprooms.

Thanks,

Independence and 512 are both within a mile of the 1-35 / US 71 interchange and Live Oak is about 3 miles from there. It's a major interchange so I would assume some hotels close by. Jester King and Thirsty Planet are about 10 miles west on 71.

There are a few clusters of breweries around town now. This link is probably your best bet for comparing a hotel location to brewery proximity. In all honesty, it's hard to hit up multiple breweries without a car.
http://www.craftbeeraustin.com/texas-brewery-brewpub-tour-listings-map/

One thing to note is Live Oak is not currently doing tours due to them transferring to their new facility.

I would also try and hit up Pinthouse Pizza and Draughthouse for brewpubs, and try to make it to Craft Pride (Texas beer bar).

Pull up Austin in google maps and search for brewery. Get a visual on who is where and make you decision. That is what I would do. If you don't have a car you can get a taxi or Uber. Hell, I think Uber is doing horse drawn carriages now if that's your thing.

+1 to pinthouse & draughthouse. Add ABGBs & Whip In to the list for the southside. Off 183 you can hit up Austin Beerworks & Adelberts (& stop by AHS). BlackStar isn't far from there as well.

+1 to pinthouse & draughthouse. Add ABGBs & Whip In to the list for the southside. Off 183 you can hit up Austin Beerworks & Adelberts (& stop by AHS). BlackStar isn't far from there as well.

Also, 4th tap is just a few blocks north of AHBS on metric.

Back