Homebrewed Cider & Black

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Youretheguy

Reaction score
Recently I have been craving a cider and black but none of the pubs here in the states serve them, let alone know what one is. I got to thinking about what it might be like to mix some cider and black currant extract before fermentation at the 1 shot to 1 pint ratio. Has anyone tried this?
I realize it would be easier to just add some black currant syrup to my finished cider but I'm looking for a new brewing experiment anyway.

if you can get hold of Lowicz Blackcurrant Syrup (440ml) thats great to use..

4 liters apple juice
one bottle of Lowicz Blackcurrant Syrup.
1tsp tannin (or very very strong tea)
pectin enzyme
yeast nutrient
yeast

makes a perfect cider and black for me, i generally use about 3.5l of apple though and 1 and half bottles of the syrup :) for more flavor!

if you can get hold of Lowicz Blackcurrant Syrup (440ml) thats great to use..

4 liters apple juice
one bottle of Lowicz Blackcurrant Syrup.
1tsp tannin (or very very strong tea)
pectin enzyme
yeast nutrient
yeast

makes a perfect cider and black for me, i generally use about 3.5l of apple though and 1 and half bottles of the syrup :) for more flavor!

Awesome. Thanks for the suggestion. Do you stop the fermentation early so that it doesn't come out too dry?

if you can get hold of Lowicz Blackcurrant Syrup (440ml) thats great to use.

Looks like a Polish product distributed mostly in the UK. Most places seem to be out of stock, looking for a USA dealer.

The recipe looks great and easy to do, I think Nottingham would be a great yeast choice for this one.

Looks like a Polish product distributed mostly in the UK. Most places seem to be out of stock, looking for a USA dealer.

The recipe looks great and easy to do, I think Nottingham would be a great yeast choice for this one.

Available at most Polish import stores or Polish deli's.

Latest posts

Back