pandora

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z987k

Reaction score
I have been listening to this all night, I don't know if it's pretty common internet knowledge but I simply love it. www.pandora.com

It's an internet radio station type of thing where you type in an artist/album name and it plays a song from that A/A and then goes on to play songs similar to that song.

I've discovered 2 bands I didn't know exist tonight that I like!

I use this all the time and have quite a few stations setup. It is great, and has a ton of music that you like and a bunch that you will end up liking as you use the thumbs up or down thing.

Not to brag, but I have been on Pandora for quite a while now. Try typing in "Primus" as the band to set a radio station on. Good times . . .

What a cool site! I love the idea. So far it's been picking some rather odd songs by the artists I choose, so it's not doing exactly what I expect, but the method by which it compares songs is absolutely fascinating!

Yuri_Rage said:
What a cool site! I love the idea. So far it's been picking some rather odd songs by the artists I choose, so it's not doing exactly what I expect, but the method by which it compares songs is absolutely fascinating!
If you don't like the song it picks you can use the thumbs down to tell it so. Also the thumbs up to tell it you like this song and to play more like it. I think if you dig into their site they do a very little bit of explaining on how it picks songs.

Pandora is an excellent site, but unfortunately it's probably going away soon. F'ing crybaby music industry wants them to pay more to play songs than regular radio.

In order for the Hak5/Pandora's Jar hack to save MP3s (for academic purposes or a single listen at a later date, of course), you need to run Flash 8 (old version) and Firefox, then trick your browser into thinking it's Flash 9.

See here.

I'm really starting to dig this Pandora thing!

EDIT:
Left it on my "Party Music" channel for a few hours - I have a bunch of catch up to do now with all the saved music! THIS ROCKS!

Back