Yet Another Sanyo 4912!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidr2340

Reaction score
Just finished up with mine yesterday! Very easy project, I think I spent about 2 1/2 hrs doing it!
Thanks for all the info about this conversion!!!

2-24-07001.jpg

2-24-07004.jpg

2-24-07006.jpg

2-24-07009.jpg

It's a shame I have to keep it out in the garage, but I just don't
have room in my house for it! Now, the hard part... Waiting for my first batch to finish doing it's thing!!!

christ... its an american amber. Yank it and drink it!!

Oh, btw... you'd better get that primary full soon cause you're gonna wish you brewed today in bout 2 weeks ;)

sirsloop said:
christ... its an american amber. Yank it and drink it!!

Oh, btw... you'd better get that primary full soon cause you're gonna wish you brewed today in bout 2 weeks ;)

LOL, I know, I know!!!
Brewing #2 next weekend!!!

Nice job DR.

Can't help but notice that to the left in your garage...a couple of brew buckets, a brew pot and a better bottle cap...to the right, a (presumeably full) propane tank.

Looks like you just need the ingredients and it's time to fire it up. :rockin:

I like the computer in the background!! you know all of us are logged on when we are brewing or anything associated!

Well at least some of us! New(er) brewers!

Nice job!! I hope to do one in the fall!

Nice job David. Looking into something like this. Do you have a parts lists, cost of materials and total cost? Thanks. Kelly

homebrewer_99 said:
Those 4 nuts on the wood...are they from bolting down the tower?

Those are threaded inserts. After you layout the mounting position of the tower and drill the holes, run your mounting bolts into those inserts. They will pull themselves into the wood substrate as you tighten the bolts, removing the need to hold the fasteners in the future like you would if you just used a wingnut, or regular nut.

homebrewer_99 said:
Those 4 nuts on the wood...are they from bolting down the tower?
Yes, they are t-nuts, and they work wonders!
I build poker tables, and use a ton of them on a table!

Fire_travels said:
I like the computer in the background!! you know all of us are logged on when we are brewing or anything associated!

Well at least some of us! New(er) brewers!

Nice job!! I hope to do one in the fall!

LOL!
I had the laptop right out there next to me for my first brew session last weekend, and for the kegerator build as well!!!
I can't just do stuff... I need to see it!!! :eek:

keldognuts said:
Nice job David. Looking into something like this. Do you have a parts lists, cost of materials and total cost? Thanks. Kelly

Thanks Kelly!

Parts list...
Sanyo 4912m ($169.00)
Tower ($115.00)
4 bolts ($2.00)
4 t-nuts (1.99)
2 1/2" hole saw (12.00)

The kegging setup (cornie, Co2, beer line, gas line, and fittings) came with my B3 starter system!

Hope this helps a little... :drunk:

Nicely done. What size bolts and t-nuts were needed? I still have to buy those, right now awaiting arrival of tower and shirrons.
Can't find hole saw larger than 2 1/8" unless I want to buy Ridgid setup for $40! Where'd you find the big one?

LouT said:
Nicely done. What size bolts and t-nuts were needed? I still have to buy those, right now awaiting arrival of tower and shirrons.
Can't find hole saw larger than 2 1/8" unless I want to buy Ridgid setup for $40! Where'd you find the big one?

I got my hole saw at Lowes.

you shouldnt need more than that really. Think about it... all that has to fit through that hole is two beer lines. If you are cutting off the ends for corni barbed fittings on the taps, you dont even need to consider room for ends to squeeze through.

IDK exactly what size bolt is needed for your tower... I got .5" 1/4-20 coarse thread stainless hex head finishing bolts for mine w/matching t-nuts. They look ok, but if I need to resize I can always pick up a couple more. It was like $2. IMHO, bigger is better... especially considering that you will have drunk people pulling on big wooden levers. You need a strong base.

I used a 2 3/4" saw (bought at Lowes, I think it was around $25), but I also wanted to run a blower hose up the tower as can be seen in the left side of this pic:

100_0488a.jpg

see my other thread about the blower hose... I like the concept, but it seems people without don't have problems with warm/foamy beer. This is something you can add later on if you find you are having problems in the tower.

where is your thread about this? i am interested in cooling my tower.. would like to see how you did it...

I dont think he posted a step by step for the fan setup. By the looks of it, he cut two holes in a radio shack project box. One hole was the size of a fan, the other was the size of the tubing. You mount the fan on the box, and hook it up to power. The thing runs constantly and pushed cold air from the bottom of the kegerator up into the tower to ensure your beer lines stay cold by the tap. Its a real simple setup actually. Now that I've taken the door shelves off, the light bulb socket seems like a nice source of DC power for the fan...

Yeah, pretty much what you just said. I cut two holes in a project box, mounted the fan behind one and ran the hose out the other. It's powered by a 12v wall adaptor that runs to the wall through the drain hole.

100_0484a.jpg

cool, looks just like my sylvania Kegerator, did you have to take the inside door panel out? I replaced mine with a Stainless sheet insert in place of the vacuum molded plastic panel. now I can hold 2 kegs and a 5lb botlle . I assume yours does the same by the looks of the 2 taps. Nice Job!!.

I didnt have to take out the door panel but I did got looks. I'm thinking about replacing mine with a thin sheet of acrylic, possibly with a photo behind it.

Thanks for the info, yeah I wanted the bigger hole to let more cool air get up into the tower and (hopefully) prevent the need for the sweet blower setup that Buford built.
Sheet of stainless in door panel -- nice, but I'm guessing you have a source since the stainless sheets at THD were ridiculously expensive. (looking for metal to support under the two kegs, just using thin plywood right now).
The tower just came today, I didn't unwrap it yet, but my hopes are high since it came from ACU.
Anyone do custom tap handle build they'd like to share?

Latest posts

Back