My First Brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hokie_Brewer

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been wanting to get into homebrewing for a while now, but didn't really have any money to when I was in college. Graduated now and just got a starter kit for xmas. Brewed my first batch yesterday, Whitney's Pale Ale from the Joy of Homebrewing. Pitched the yeast yesterday around 5pm and this morning before work my little yeasties are chugging away:ban: I'm really excited to taste my first batch.

Anyway, I have been poking around these forums the last couple weeks looking for tips, they helped a lot. Looking forward to this turning into a great hobby and this forum being a great resource!

Cheers:mug:

Tony

Hey Tony, Welcome ! I am pretty new here also. There is alot of good info on this site. For me waiting is the hardest part of brewing.

Beware that this site makes it too easy to grow your hobby and before you know it you will have a over powered brewing system, fermentation chamber, multi-tap kegerator, keg cleaner gadget, and counterflow chiller to name a few.

Then you can start your 2nd batch of beer! :)

Welcome!!

:mug:

Beware that this site makes it too easy to grow your hobby and before you know it you will have a over powered brewing system, fermentation chamber, multi-tap kegerator, keg cleaner gadget, and counterflow chiller to name a few.

Then you can start your 2nd batch of beer! :)

Welcome!!

:mug:

Touche. I haven't even bottled my first batch yet and I'm ready to boil my 2nd tomorrow :rockin:

Just racked to my secondary yesterday. Tasted AMAZING for my first try I think. I can't wait to get it bottled and start drinking it.

Back