Cleaning Tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alamo_Beer

Reaction score
Hey I've got a question..

How do you guys clean out your tubing before/after racking?

Biggest problem I've got is after I clean and sanitize them they're still full of condinsation.

How do you dry them out?

Thanks guys

hmm...

I've got mine hanging off the shower rod right now... It's 20ft long though.

I just bought it from HD bc I found mine was GUNKY and gross...

just didn't feel like cutting it down yet..

thanks

I bought the bottle washer that has a tube cleaning attachment on it and it works nice with hot water.

I can't seem to get the build-up out of the middle of my blow-off hose though. My bottle brushes won't reach the center and the krausen is just caked there.

I rinse mine immediately after using, then whip them around over my head a few times to sling out the water and then store in a gallon size zip-lock baggie. On brew day, they go in my bucket of Star San and get used while still wet.

I do what Yuri does- rinse early and often to avoid build-up. I also hang dry but don't really worry if it doesn't get completely dry as I'm going to rinse and sanitize before next use anyway.

Dave R said:
I rinse mine immediately after using, then whip them around over my head a few times to sling out the water and then store in a gallon size zip-lock baggie. On brew day, they go in my bucket of Star San and get used while still wet.
My technique with the exception of the zip-lock bag. I've got all my tubing stored together in a drawer in my garage.

When I'm done with it I clean/sanatize it, and then rinse with hot water. then I spray some Metabasulphite in it and hang to dry.

I never have a problem of anything growing or sticking inside of the hose after this. Then next time I use it I sanitize it as usual.

Cheers

My old plastic fermenting bucket is filled with sanitizer, I just place my cane and hoses in there until I brew again LOL... then I rinse them off and brew. Mine are NEVER dry ha ha

Brewpilot

i take the the sprayer head off the kitchen sink sprayer and shoot hot hot water through to rinse, then soak in a 3 gallon bucket of sanitizer then hang till dry and store in one of them tupper ware containers....works well for me
anthony

Back