When to Bottle a pLambic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heyvail

Reaction score
So it has been 5 months since the brew day, the pelllicle formed and has now gotten smaller in recent days.

1. When should this be bottled???
2. Should I use campden tablets to stabilize then repitch yeast and sugar to
carbonate??
3. Should I still wait???

Straight from Wyeast:

"Contains a selection of Saccharomyces and non-Saccharomyces including Belgian-style wheat beer yeast, sherry yeast, two Brettanomyces strains and lactic acid bacteria. While this mixture does not include all possible cultures found in Belgian Lambics, it is representative of the organisms most important for the desirable flavor components of these beers as they are brewed in West Flanders. "

How about bottling procedures??? I have done a search and can't find a straight answer to this question.

OK, so now it has been two years, it will be kegged shortly. I want to transfer this, kill the little beasties and back sweeten it. Any suggestions for the racking and killing??? I have Cherry syrup from local company here, since I am close to the Cherry capitol!

Holy crap you are patient!! Congrats on being able to wait that long!

I am actually just into the fermentation of my first sour, using Wyeast Lambic blend. It's day 7 or so and I already want to drink it :( Guess I gotta wait a few months at least.

Back