After your Trial OF BS, where are your recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esmitee

Reaction score
After your Trial, where are your recipes?

I D/L'd the trial Beersmith and used it for the 21 days. While using the trial, I entered about 6 of my own recipes and saved them in "MY RECIPES".A few weeks later I bought the program, installed it as per the simple install instructions. Pretty much I just clicked OK, next or continue.

After the install, I can not find the 6 recipes I entered in the trial Beersmith. I'm running windows Vista. I can't find them anywhere.

I'm writing them off as gone, unless someone can tell me where they are hiding?

My understanding was that you couldn't save recipes in the trial version past the expiration date. Since the expiration date was 21 days after downloading, the recipes would "go away".

interesting. what did their tech support say?

Humm Never called or wrote them. Maybe I should.

My understanding was that you couldn't save recipes in the trial version past the expiration date. Since the expiration date was 21 days after downloading, the recipes would "go away".

Well maybe you right Yooper. But Im pretty sure They at least showed up after trial was over, you just couldn't change or alter them. You could read them.

Most programs , even after you UN-Install them At least, leave the items you created. But not able to use the program you just un-installed makes them worthless. I know may way around the hard drive pretty good and they are eluding me!!! You saying BS2 (OMG) DELEATED them?

:tank:

Humm Never called or wrote them. Maybe I should.

Well maybe you right Yooper. But Im pretty sure They at least showed up after trial was over, you just couldn't change or alter them. You could read them.

Most programs , even after you UN-Install them At least, leave the items you created. But not able to use the program you just un-installed makes them worthless. I know may way around the hard drive pretty good and they are eluding me!!! You saying BS2 (OMG) DELEATED them?

:tank:

I seriously doubt they were deleted.

Post your question here: http://www.beersmith.com/forum/

I'd guess they are under a BeerSmith2 folder, in your Documents Folder.

[edit] ah, you uninstalled the program? Hmmmm. Just ask where the default Documents Directory is over at the BS forum. If it was inside the installation folder, you are probably SOL.

I seriously doubt they were deleted.

Post your question here: http://www.beersmith.com/forum/

I'd guess they are under a BeerSmith2 folder, in your Documents Folder.

[edit] ah, you uninstalled the program? Hmmmm. Just ask where the default Documents Directory is over at the BS forum. If it was inside the installation folder, you are probably SOL.

Thats where I expected to find them, but not there. I'm now thinking they may be hidden files now?????

No I didn't UN-INSTALL BS Trial. Just was using un-installing as an example.
Some "UP-GRADES" will un-install the entire program and replace it with an ALL NEW version. MOST leave alone "USER created folders/or directories".

OHH Passed, Clearwater is very nice area in FL. We need to get back there soon. Medira Beach is awesome!!! We had a beach front condo there many years ago erelove to get back there! :mug:

I all ready posted over in the BS fourm . too and waiting for an answer.

Hell over here on HBT I allready got may good replies!!!!

I don't think they're stored in any file anywhere, but when you 'installed' the new purchased version it must have doubled up on your stuff, like you either have two Beersmith's installed, or you overwrote your existing Beersmith trial with the purchased version.

If the former, find the other one, run it, enter the code you bought, registered and done. If the latter, you're probably SOL.

Back