Mystery Batch Help Needed PLEASE ! ! !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jahdrummin

Reaction score
Ok everyone,

I am still a beginner brewer but have been feeling more comfortable.

I would like to brew a mystery style batch with all of my left over ingredients, and decided the best place to come for help is here.

I listed what i have below so what i am looking for is someone to tell me what i could put together with what i have and obviously also having to head to the LHBS to get more extract (dry? liquid?), and yeast ( what type? ). Thanks again for your help in advance...

1/3 lb Extra Light DME
1 lb Dry Wheat Extract

2/3 lb Briess Caramel Grain
1/2 lb Briess Victory Grain (6 row Lovibond 25)
1/2 Briess Choco. Malt (6 row Lovibond 350)
1/4 lb Brtess 80L Crystal Grain (6 row)

1 oz Cascade Leaf
3/4 oz Hersbrucker Hallertau Leaf
1 oz Perle Leaf
1 oz Cascade Pellet
1 oz Nugget Pellet
1/2 oz Tettnag German Pellet
1/3 oz Mt Hood Pellet
1/2 oz Warrior Pellet

Looks like you've got plenty of hops, but are light on fermentables (grain, DME). Without going to the LHBS you would probably only want to do a 2-2.5gal batch.

You didn't list any yeast, so if you don't have it you might have to go anyway...

Well you could take that Perle and get another 4 pounds of Wheat Spray Malt and a pack of Dry Wheat/Heffe type yeast and make a pretty tasty wheat beer. ??

Get some more Light DME, steep some of your 80L Crystal, get some US-05 at the brew store and use your Cascades to make an APA ??

Just find a beer recipe you like, and when you shop for the ingredients - don't buy what you've already got or what you can easily substitute.

Back