Propane Orifice Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Gerbil_Brewer

Reaction score
I've been pouring over the forums getting as much information as I can to complete my single tier semi-automated brew stand. Debating on whether to buy a set of wire gauge drill bits or go the cheaper and simpler option of buying low pressure orifices for my BG14 burners available from Williams and Brewer's Hardware . Williams states the the orifice size is 1/16", which based on this chart would equate to something under 35,000 BTUs. I'm currently using this orifice with my burner, and while it doesn't heat my wort as quickly as I'd like it seems to do the trick alright. Is there a more accurate source of information to determine BTUs based on orifice size and propane pressure? Has anyone tested what BTUs for the Williams/BH orifices really put out? Thanks in advance for any info!

Thanks ThreeDogsNE. It looks from these that if the low pressure orifices are indeed 1/16" it's only putting out about 27,000 BTU. Does anyone with thise orifices and precision measurement equipment able to see what these are drilled out. It seems that if they are indeed 1/16" it won't even come close to what most of us would be looking for in burner btu output.

Latest posts

Back